Chapter 3

Mace's pov

I woke up and made my way to breakfast and everyone either stared or kept their distance from me. "Sorry, but we don't feed Sith," my rival Derrich said as he pulled away the tray I was about to get "I'm not a Sith, you know it and so does everyone else," I snarled. "Oh yeah, that's right, just like you can't keep a master for long because you always manage to get them kill-" he was interrupted by me pulling out and activating my main lightsaber, I put it to his neck and knew he saw my Sith eyes "I am superior to you and everyone else in here, don't EVER forget that," I growled and could sense his fear. "Mace! Stop this now!" I heard Master Kenobi yell, I deactivated my lightsaber and stormed out of the hall.

I walked towards my ship but could sense someone approaching. "Padawan, I think it is time that I teach you about controlling your anger," Master Windu said and I looked at him, "I don't want to control it entirely, I want to be able to use it for good," I replied. He nodded and walked over to me, "strike me," he ordered "what? Why?" I asked "swing your lightsaber at me," he ordered "no," "I am ordering you to do it," "NO," "do it," he ordered and I finally did. I got out my lightsaber and swung at him, he blocked it before sending me crashing into my ship. I quietly snarled and activated my second lightsaber before charging at incredibly quick speeds but Master Windu managed to block. I then quickly used one of my sabers to break the hilt of his. He backed up and I deactivated my sabers. "Don't underestimate me, ever again," I growled using the force to pick him up and slowly close his windpipe, I watched him struggle and could sense mild fear from him; I soon after realised what I was doing and stopped. "I have to admit, you're powerful," Master Windu stated rubbing his neck, I smiled a little and bowed. My communicator went off and I answered and my father appeared. "Father, how are you?" I asked "good my boy, what are you doing?" Father replied "well I just trained with Master Windu, what about you?" "I am currently practicing my force abilities," he stated "Padawan, why are you talking to Count Dooku?" I looked and saw Master Kenobi "he's my father, why can't I talk to him?" I asked "because he is the leader of our enemy in the war," "and he's the one parent of mine that has shown any interest in my wellbeing as their son," "fine, just don't-" "turn it off, now," Master Windu ordered "fine, goodbye Father," I huffed and hung up. I walked off leaving the two masters.

I arrived at my quarters and was about to go in but a hand was put on my shoulder. I looked and saw Master Plo, "Master, how are you?" I said "good Padawan, you do not live here anymore your quarters have changed to E27 4B," he explained. I nodded and walked in to begin packing. "Would you like any assistance?" Master Plo asked "no thank you, I'll be fine," I replied and he left.

Once I got most of my personal items into boxes I went under my old bed and got out my father's old lightsaber. I looked at it and stood back up. I activated and swung it around a little, "how does he battle with this thing?" I chuckled knowing the only difference between this one and his new one is the colour of the blade. I deactivated it and picked up all the boxes and left to my new quarters.

When I arrived I saw Ahsoka walking in my direction. "Hey Ahsoka," I said putting in my new keycode "hey Mace, are you living here now?" She replied "yeah I am, what are you up to?" I asked "going to my quarters, looks like we're neighbours," Ahsoka stated and I went in "that's great, mind helping me unpack?" I replied "sure," she exclaimed. We put everything away, which wasn't much, and soon enough I was just figuring out where to put my father's saber. "Who's lightsaber is that? I don't remember you having one like that," Ahsoka asked "it's my father's old one, he may be the enemy but that doesn't mean I don't care about him," I explained "it was his when he was a jedi," I added. I put it on my new desk and looked at Ahsoka in the eyes, "you okay?" I asked "y-yeah, just didn't know your father was Count Dooku," she stated. I smirked as I walked over to her, "we're all full of surprises right?" I chuckled "yeah, I guess you're right," she replied "I gotta go now, I'll see you later," Ahsoka added and left.