Chapter 17: For the Sake of Privacy

Start from the beginning

Y/n pulled out his sword his time and parried a slash, hands trembling from the force exerted by his opponent.

Y/n: Not the time right now!

Azeth: It's easy. Using my Phantasm is like walking a dog, you can see what it does and how it moves, feel how it tugs and turn.

Y/n: I'm being serious! I really need it or else I'm on a one-way ticket to see Paige again!

He blocked another strike, this one pushing him back a short distance. Y/n could feel his grip starting to lose strength.

Azeth: And I am serious about this too. I want you to put in mind what I just said and move the Phantasms that are currently out now.

This was pretty late now, but you know how the real Sathariel was a Sankta, while Y/n was not? You know how Y/n disguised himself as a human with a floating ring on his head and fragmented wings on his back? Yeah, it was all because of Azeth's Phantasms.

He didn't use it all the time, only when he was alone or with someone who knows his real identity, i.e. Archetto and everyone in Sathariel's friend group except Ambriel, is when Azeth could recall them back.

Y/n mentally cursed at his brother, which didn't go unnoticed. He had tried to control the Phantasms before, to varying results, mostly from Azeth's masterful grasp on his own abilities.

Y/n: I've never completely controlled one, what makes this time different?

Azeth: Because now I want you to.

With a groan and a deep sigh to compose himself, Y/n heard metal clinking against the floor, it was his wings falling after stopping the Phantasm from holding it up. This time, Y/n's sclera turned yellow instead of his pupils, he could clearly see the Phantasm's ghostly form waving its sharp claws in front of him, blocking an attack from the ambusher.

Y/n: Urgh!

The Phantasm wildly flailed and flapped like a carpet in the wind, creating scratch marks on the wet surroundings.

Azeth: Keep them in control! If you walk a dog it's important to keep a leash on it!

Y/n: How in the hell would I do that!?

Azeth: Be aware of what it's doing! Every tug, every turn, every movement, you are spiritually connected to it!

Y/n: You made it more confusing!

Azeth: Like I said treat it like walking a dog!

Y/n: Walking a fucking dog... Worst analogy of the century...

It was admittedly a good analogy, picturing the Phantasm with a collar on gave him a better grasp on the entity. Y/n made the Phantasm swipe its sharp claws at the ambusher, earning a rough sound of tearing cloth. He smirked when he saw the successful results.

Y/n: Oho, you're fucked.

He made the Phantasm punch the guy, but it missed at the last moment when he lost focus from celebrating too early. The ambusher felt nothing come at him and took it as his chance, nodachi shining brightly in the air as he dashed towards Y/n.

Y/n: Nevermind, I'm fucked.

Y/n blocked it with the sheath of his sword for the last time, his hands were giving up right then and there, the man in the black coat must have noticed that too, putting more strength into the their standstill.

Azeth: Phantasm, get it to punch him!

Y/n: Kinda hard to focus when I MIGHT DIE IF I EVEN GET TIRED. Honestly why do I even bother listening-