Chapter 6: Cheese Burger

Start from the beginning

I'm ending up dead anyways...

Well to be honest, I never imagined surviving to see my eighteenth birthday. But I did.

And since I can't drink to that achievement, I'll eat a very unhealthy excuse of a burger instead!

I took a deep breath as I picked the burger up.

Now, don't get me wrong! I've had burgers before in my life. I'm not a weirdo!

It's just that I haven't had a burger at a place that's most probably violating all the health codes known to man... There's a difference.

I'm used to the expensive but clean places. Not unhygienic places with greasy food.

I took a bite and couldn't help but let out a moan as the greasy yet amazingly delicious taste hit my tongue.

"This is... How can it be so... I don't understand..." I searched for words to describe what I wanted to say but couldn't complete a single sentence.

"There's a reason I brought you to this exact place, you know." Archer smirked.

"I thought the reason was that you wanted a way to kill me where Lucas wouldn't blame you." I sassed back.

Archer rolled his eyes at me.

"You rich brats really don't think that you can find something nice in a place that isn't expensive." He scoffed, rolling his eyes at me as he started eating the fries he had ordered with the burgers.

"We rich brats also find working for people in the mafia unfathomable." I dead-panned. "Actually, we find working for anyone ridiculous." I added it as an afterthought.

I mean, why work when you have enough money to make a bed out of and sleep in it?

Thinking of that...

What does a bed made up of nothing but paper money feel like?

"You're only working for me to survive." Archer commented.

"I actually decided on it to avoid thinking of different things to endanger my life everyday. Joining you sounded like a permanent solution." I shrugged.

"Don't kid yourself. You're just doing this to stay alive." He replied.

"Honestly, I don't see myself being more than 25 when they put me in my grave and then six feet under." I confessed. "Though I'm quite sure that I'll be younger than that." I shrugged.

Wow!

What the fuck was in the burger that actually made me confess that in front of him?!

Did he put some kind of truth serum in there?!

"Why?" He asked the expected one-worded question.

"Because I know that I'd be bored with life by then. I mean, I already am but I'll be tired of it." I smiled through the pain. "I'm just searching for a cool way to die." I added, biting my lip.

I mean, what's the point of going on?

My boyfriend of more than three years, the guy who I have known all my life and who has known me, left me for a girl who just moved into town.

My parents haven't cared about me for as long as I can recall into my childhood.

I have no friends. The people I called my friends were actually all fake and when they realised that high school popularity wouldn't transfer into the college with them, they bailed.

I have absolutely no one.

I only have one person. And that person is the one I see in a mirror.