Chapter 5: Learn How To Defend Yourself

Start from the beginning

"Are you ready?" She asked me as she offered me a pair of boxing gloves.

"I-" I started speaking but apparently Archer wasn't done torturing me for the day.

"I'll work with her." He spoke up. "Thea, you can do whatever you want." He added.

Why?!

I thought he hated me...

Maybe he still does and he just wants to punch me now...

I can't put it past some wanna-be mafia man to want to do something like that.

Thea nodded once at Archer before she handed me the boxing gloves with a small, almost non-existent smile and left the gym room.

Why did she have to leave?!

Well, it's not like I could have trusted her not to kill me either! I mean, it looks like she works for Archer.

What on earth was I thinking when I decided to go to that club?!

"Do you wanna kill me so badly?" I asked Archer, without even turning around to face him. "I kinda have a feeling like you don't really want me to make it through this whole initiation thing." I said as he walked up to stand in front of me.

"Even as a hacker, you're not always going to do boring work. You would have to go on some of the field missions. I don't want anyone on my team to be a liability in such situations." He explained.

Oh...

"I thought that you didn't trust me." I frowned as I put on the boxing gloves.

"I never said I do." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes as I stood in front of the boxing bag and brought my fists up.

"Gee! I feel like a part of the team already!" I said sarcastically as I started throwing punches at the punching bag.

Honestly, I was hurting my hands more than the punching bag. But I didn't want to wince in front of that tall mean person made entirely of muscles.

I hack with those hands!

How do they make this look so easy and cool in the movies?!

I wonder if this can actually damage my hands permanently...

If that's possible and because of this stupid training or whatever, my hands are damaged forever, I'm going after Archer Knight!

"Are you planning my funeral while poking that punching bag?" He mused as he observed me.

How does he even...

Was I mumbling in anger again?!

"I hate you!" I hissed as I continued hurting my own hands.

Archer chuckled as he stopped me by gripping onto my wrists.

I stepped away from the punching bag and from him, glaring at the lifeless bag hanging from the ceiling.

"You need to learn the technique before jumping into action." He told me. "Now, just observe." He told me as he took his position in front of the punching bag.

He started punching the bag with a focused look on his chiseled face.

The punching bag moved a little as the chains attached to it rattled every now and then due the force.

This looks just like the movies...

How the hell do I learn from this?!

This is not exactly something you can just look at and copy!