Chapter 4: Enough Information

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to visit my father right now! I need that information right now!" Archer groaned.

"It's not my fault that-" Lucas started but Archer cut him off.

"Lucas, you know how my father wouldn't be able to meet up with me for a while after this! I need to make sure that he'll be fine!" Archer snapped.

Archer looked like he was about to explode like a volcano.

"I-" Lucas started but I cut him off.

I couldn't let Lucas get the heat here. Especially when I could see how much work he's been doing.

I still can't believe that they all were still alive with just two people working their asses off to get all the intel about everything.

"I have emailed you all the details. There's nothing suspicious about this guy. Your father will be safe with him." I told Archer.

Lucas and Archer turned to me with narrowed eyes.

"Ricardo De León. He's been working under your father for years. All his details check out." I explained.

"I still emailed you all his details and his phone records along with all the places he was spotted at in the past two months." I added.

"Where did you get my email from?" Archer frowned at me.

"I know your name and who you are. That's more than enough information needed for me to find out the rest." I shrugged.

"Wow!" Lucas's eyes were wide now. "Mia, I knew that we had to get you on the team!" He exclaimed.

"She's still not a part of the team." Archer grunted. "She's still under observation." He told Lucas. He glared at me before turning and leaving.

"You're welcome!" I called after him, rolling my eyes when I didn't hear a reply.

"You're awesome, new girl!" The other guy gushed. "How could you have found all that information out so fast?" He asked in amazement.

"Do you guys never get even a thank you?" I asked them, ignoring the question I was asked.

It's not like I could answer that question anyway.

I mean, wouldn't it be weird if I told them that I started doing this for fun and discovered that I just needed a small lesson from my cousin and a few online courses to become so used to it all?

I never knew that I would actually find something I was good at...

And even when I found out that I was actually a good hacker, I knew that wasn't something I could exactly put up on my resume...

"It's our job. Why would anyone thank us for doing our job?" Lucas shrugged.

"Umm... Because they have common decency!" I pointed out.

"This is illegal business, new girl. Mafia members aren't exactly the kindest people on earth." The other guy chuckled, shaking his head.

I really need to learn his name!

Eh! I'll do it later.

"Well, I still would be a bit more helpful if they thank me, old guy." I rolled my eyes.

"Mia, you're going to have to get used to Archer. The others actually are a bit more decent." Lucas told me.

"Like your sister?" I smiled.

"She's... She's the she-devil!" He grumbled, pouting like a child.

I chuckled, spinning in my chair.