Chapter 374: The Villain Slings An Accusation First?

Start from the beginning

His blond hair was exceptionally glaring. His eyes on his handsome face lit up a little at the sight of Lisa.

As for Lisa, she reacted like a mouse that had just seen a cat and didn’t even dare to look straight at him. She looked at Nora as if she was complaining and said, “Nora, d-didn’t you say that he won’t be here?”

Nora: “?”

Before she could speak, Louis had come up to them. He said, “Yeah, I originally wasn’t planning to come back tonight, either. But Lucy called me and said that Nora was asking whether I would be home tonight, so I turned down Chester when he asked me out and specially came back!”

Lisa: “!!”

Nora: “!!!!”

Nora wanted to say something, but Lisa had already jumped up and said, “Nora, I… I suddenly remembered that I have a paper that I need to write. It’s very urgent, so I’m leaving first! Mom was very worried about you, but now that I see that you’re doing well, both Mom and I will be relieved!”

Then, she turned and fled toward the door. “Tell us if someone bullies you. I’ll leave first!”

Nora: “…”

She was planning to have a chat with Lisa that night, but unexpectedly, she had left just like that?

She stepped forward, intending to see her off. But as soon as she did, Louis said enthusiastically, “You don’t have to lower yourself to do something like that. Let me do it! I’ll see her off!”

After saying that, he chased after Lisa and said, “Nora’s little cousin, shall I drive you back to school?”

Lisa’s voice traveled over after that. “N-no, you don’t have to.”

“You don’t have to stand on ceremony! C’mon, get in the car.”

“We’re not that familiar with each other. I’ll just hail a cab. Thanks.”

Louis’s annoying voice traveled over. “Why wouldn’t we be familiar with each other? You took my first kiss, you know!”

Panic entered Lisa’s voice. “W-what nonsense are you saying? Stop that!”

Louis laughed and said, “No, I can’t. I have something to ask you. Will you get in the car and we can talk while we drive there, or shall I ask you right here while you hail a cab?”

“You, you, you…” Lisa stuttered forever but still got in the car silently in the end. Shortly after, the sound of the engine being started up rang out, and they left.

Nora, who had listened to their affairs in the living room for a while: “…”

Just what exactly did Louis do to Lisa the night before?!

She shook her head and went upstairs.

After thinking about it, she still decided to knock on Maureen’s door in the end.

Maureen’s eyes were still red when she opened the door. Obviously, she had been crying. Nora was about to say a few words to comfort her when Maureen gave her a wry smile and said, “Say, Nora, do you think everything will be fine if Warren and I move out?”

Although Warren loved and respected Ian like a father, and although Warren and Joel got along very well, Maureen really couldn’t stand it here anymore, after being bullied by Yvonne again and again.

It wasn’t like her family was poor, either, so why should she let someone else bully her here?

Nora wanted to say something, but Maureen said, “Never mind, ignore what I said. Warren and Joel are so close. Neither would Brandon want to leave Mia… I can’t do something like that just for myself…”

Nora fell silent.

Warren came back at this point.

He was carrying a matcha cake. As soon as he went up the stairs, he said, “Oh, Nora is here too? I just so happened to buy a matcha cake. It’s Maureen’s favorite. You guys can eat it together… Dear, what’s wrong? Why are your eyes red?”

Maureen turned away. Then, she forced a smile and said, “It’s nothing. Something got in my eyes…”

Warren went up to her and circled around her. “What got into your eyes? What’s the matter? Did someone bully you?”

As soon as he said that, Maureen’s eyes immediately reddened.

She was about to say something when Yvonne opened the door and came out. She sighed and said, “It’s just a dress, Maureen. If you like it that much, then I’ll just let you have it, okay?”

She lowered her head and her eyes reddened. “Joel has already confiscated my rights to manage the house anyway.. I don’t have a place in this family anymore.”