"Already done, we filed them out as soon as we heard the alarm," I'd never seen Puffy so serious. The time she spent as a sea captain came through in her voice. She was always so cheerful and sweet with Michael and Shroud. But here on the battlefield, she was as stoic as a stone. 

"There are still some people trying to get out, it takes time to move so many people," Niki adds on. I glance around and spot Ranboo carrying a badly injured and bleeding Tommy down the path. Tommy groans and squirms no doubt trying to be stubborn and walk himself. Our radios crackle and I click mine to talk into it. 

"Fundy send the message to evacuate," I command through the radio. 

"I have but it's hard when it's just me and Eret," he summarises and the radio goes silent once more. I look around and pearl from building to building trying to make sure we have everyone behind the defence line. 

Y/N had created a masterpiece of chaos. She was too small to see from this distance but her golems had distracted everybody. Everybody except one person. My eyes widen when I spot the blood god doing what he does best. He was surrounded by bodies and I could barely see any green grass, the field was covered in puddles of red. I throw a pearl towards him. 

"Techno! We need to evacuate!" I shout over the siren but it's like Techno can't even hear me. He continues to fight soldiers cutting them down two at a time. I don't even know where they keep coming from. 

"We have to go now!" I yell louder and Techno finally turns around. His eyes shock me. Instead of their mutant white colour, they seemed grey and clouded. He stared directly at me but I couldn't even feel his gaze. 

"Blood," he mumbles. His axe crashes with my sword. The force alone makes me stumble backwards. 

"TECHNO!" I shout but it does nothing to get him to listen. I stay on the defensive not wanting to hurt him. 

So, this was the rumoured murderous rage of the blood god. Infamous and uncontrollable. The kind of rage that makes him careless about himself. His mind only focused on killing everything that comes too close. I bounce on my toes concocting a plan in my mind. 

"Fine then, if you want to fight me, fight me!" I challenge the blade. He responds furiously attacking me over and over and over. I keep running back, only landing hits to keep his interest. I spot Phil in the distance as we near the edge of the battlefield. 

"PHIL!" I scream as loud as I can. He hears me and whips around. The second he spots Techno attacking he sprints towards us. I block the last of Techno's swings before a potion smacks against his skull. 

Phil runs over breathless as Techno collapses on the ground. He looked like he was sleeping. 

"What was that?" I ask him. 

"Well, I'm not George or Y/N, but I'm not half bad at brewing," Phil notes and heaves Techno's weight onto his shoulder. 

"Let's go," I urge him and pull out a pearl offering my other hand to Phil. He takes it and I throw pearl after pearl until we're behind the back lines again. We pull Techno down an alley in the SMP centre to one of the stations we had built. It was much emptier than it had been before the evacuation. 

"Did we get everyone out?" I demand feeling pressure burning in my body like fire. The bomb would be hitting any second now. Did Y/N make it out? My heart hammers in my chest praying that she did. Even though everything in me knew that she would be staying behind. 

She's a god. She'll be fine. Gods don't die... do they?

"We brought back as many as possible but we couldn't send people to collect bodies," Phil puffs and sits Techno against a red brick wall. I double-take as my exhausted brain confuses it for the community centre. We weren't far enough away from L'Manburg for that to be true.