A Game of Tag (I got tagged. I hope this is entertaining)

Start from the beginning

Cheers erupt from the group of people around us. Eevee looks slightly annoyed that we almost ran him over, and Evo looks like she could watch that a thousand times and never get bored. Azael gives me an encouraging thumbs-up, and I salute her.

Kat hands me the sheet of paper, well worn with the exchange of many owners. "You gotta answer each of these questions. Have fun!"

"Wait!" I yell. "Does it matter how I do this? Do I have to just make a list with the questions and be boring, or can I spice it up a little bit?"

"I say you should spice it up," Kat says before running off to tag her next victim.

I read over the list as I walk back to my room. As my steps guide me back with muscle memory, I examine the doors that pop up in my mind as I take a mental journey. The light purple doors against a darker purple backdrop have small pictures done in green ink. I reach my room and retrieve my laptop to start a new section of my Twoshots book. I leave the title blank for now. I'll come up with something later.

Question one: how did I start watching Hermitcraft? I walk down the road to a door with the Minecraft logo, the letters HC-7, the YouTube symbol, and some sheep. Opening the door, I allow the memory to flow.

It was a good day until I started my daily round of Drivers ED. For some reason, they thought it was necessary to talk about all of the bad things that could happen to you while driving in the first few hours. After sitting there for a while, it became very overwhelming for me. Luckily, I was doing the self-paced program, which allowed me to pause when I needed to. I opened a new tab, pulling up YouTube.

One of the first videos to pop up was from this guy, Grian. The video was titled "Build Battle," or something like that. The memory is the least clear around the words. I remember liking the content and searching for more by the same guy. Pretty soon, whenever the Driver's ED got too much, I would go watch Build Battle.

One day, I got a new Grian video, "Hermitcraft 7: Episode 47 - RELEASE THE SHEEP." It intrigued me enough that I clicked on it immediately. No regrets. I've been an attentive fan of Hermitcraft ever since, eventually adding Mumbo, Iskall, and Scar to the list.

I smile as the memory fades. I quickly capture it into writing before moving on. What is my favorite fandom besides Hermitcraft? I honestly can't think of one. I enjoy Last Life and 3rd Life, and I also like the 100 hours hardcore series. I write down my thoughts.

Third question: do I watch any Minecraft YouTube that doesn't involve the hermits? A quick examination of my YouTube watch history answers that. I have watched several animation studios, such as Black Plasma Studios and Alan Becker. Both are pretty funny.

Four: which of my books is my favorite? Uh, I'm going to skip that one.

Five: how did I discover Hermittpad? This memory is more recent. My gaze travels along with the lavender doors, searching for the correct pattern of green ink. I stop at one that seems right and go in. Ah, yes, Thanksgiving break of 2021.

I've been really bored throughout this vacation. Hermitcraft has been a little slow lately, so I'm looking for more things in the fandom. I found a link that goes to Wattpad labeled Hermitcraft Fanfiction. After googling what fanfiction was, I clicked the link and began reading. The first fiction I read was Hunted.

Later, the week before finals, I was reading Oneshots by Ariyaquila. She said a thing about a Hermittpad Discord. I don't use Discord that much, but the chaos seemed fun. I went to the Hermittpad Recap page and found the Linktree. After joining the server, I started writing fanfiction instead of only reading it. Good times.