Chapter { 27 } : Waterfall

Start from the beginning

I kept smiling like a freak at him, not finding a way to let the words stuck in my throat get out.

He smiled back this time, "come, there's something I want to show you", he said pulling me by my hand behind him.

I couldn't help but look down at the water, it was way too deep, and clear to the point I could see my legs as they battled to keep me up.

My breath hitched out of fear.

I don't want to drown again, I think Sebastian noticed my uneasiness, because he stopped swimming.

"Hey, you okay?", he asked.

I nodded, and looked up at him, ignoring the height beneath me.

"Yeah.... I just, umm..... not really good at swimming, I drowned once?", the second statement came out more like a question.

He approached, and cupped my cheek.

"If it helps......, I won't let go okay?", he said.

I have to admit that I felt a bit better, so I nodded again.

He once again pulled me till we reached the waterfall.

He glanced at me, and smiled.

He got behind the waterfall, I started panicking, because he let go of my hand, and literally disappeared behind a waterfall.

"Seb-sebastian?", I found myslef asking a bit loudly.

Suddenly a hand came out from the other side of the waterfall, indicating me to hold it.

I knew it was his hand, he had a name tattoo on his wrist, so I griped it.

He pulled me towards him, so now I was standing with him directly in front of me.

I held his gaze for a few minutes, till I remembered where we are.

I glanced behind me, and then behind him, where another small cave was, but this one had another lake surrounded by rocks.

My eyes went wide at it's beauty, the water reflected on the insides of the cave, making it shine.

"Wow,..... how did you find this?", I asked, while swimming around.

I glanced at my feet through the clear water, and giggled when a small fish touched it, tickling me I'm the process.

"When I was waiting for you, I searched around the place, and found this", he replied, stalking towards me.

When I was waiting for you.

I remembered his tattoo, "what does your tattoo say?", I asked.

And didn't fail to notice the sadness that passed his eyes.

"It's my mother's name, I tattooed it after she passed away", he said in a sad tone.

I didn't push it too far though.

Then I remembered that he saw the words, and my face fell immediately.

He probably thinks that they're disgusting.

"What's going on in that little head of yours", he asked.

"I'm sorry.... that you saw them", I said, looking down.

He marched towards me, so now we stood an inch apart, he held my chin with his fingers and lifted my head.

So I was looking at his eyes.

"Never apologize to me, sweetheart", he said.

My breath hitched again, and I couldn't breath.

"You are so beautiful Mirabella, more than anything I have ever seen, you should know that", at this point we were so close.

"And nothing is going to change my mind, neither your scars, nor anyone, or even you", he cupped my cheeks with his palms.

I'm beautiful.

Maybe I should tell him.

I think he deserves to know of he's going to be here for a while.

"My foster parents.... or rather, my mamà's bestfriends, umm.. they took me when I was a baby, and umm.. they weren't the best, you know?", I was on the verge of tears.

"You don't have to tell me", he said softly, rubbing his thumbs against my cheeks.

"I want to", I replied.

"They, umm.... they would hit me, and... whip my back, and engrave words like the ones you saw, ... they would tell me, umm.. words", I continued.

He wiped the tears that I didn't realize I was shedding, and pulled me to his chest by my waist.

My head found it's place in the crook of his neck, while he rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry", he said kissing my head.

Maybe, just maybe there's a chance he might like me.

____________♡____________

Tell me what you think.

Thank youu.

And love youus♡.