Chapter { 26 } : Scarred

Start from the beginning

"Fine how about..... jelly bean, munchkin, angel eyes, firecracker, jewel, and plum, you choose", he said.

"Ummm..... nah, you choose", I replied.

I can't choose, it just feels weird to choose your own nickname.

"Alright... then I love you my crisocolla".he said.
(Chrysocolla: a precious gemstone with blue-green color)

"Why crisocolla?", I read about this gemstone once.

"I like to think of this gem as a new beginning, like finding yourself, I just love it, and what is greater than to combine two things you love most in the world together?....... and also because the color of a Chrysocolla is the same color as our eyes", he explained.

And what is greater than to combine two things you love most in the world together?

He loves me more than anything in the world?

I just kept looking at him, on the verge of tears.

He glanced down at me, and his face softened, "awe, why are you crying, sorellina?".
(Baby sister)

He started rubbing my back while I hugged his torso and cried.

Damn, I think it's that time of the month, Oh God my hormones make me a drama queen.

"Did I say somthing wrong?", he said softly, I shook my head, and looked up at him.

"I love you", he smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

I didn't even realize we have reached the hill, until he climbed up, picked me up, and put me on the hill.

We resumed our walking towards the water falls, Liam came by our side now.

"I'll go with Apollo", said Mattio after paying my head.

He left so I was left again with Liam, I know what he's going to say.

"Sooo....., you and the new boy?", he asked.

I knew it.

"Nooo.. there's nothing like that, he doesn't like me".

"Mhmm, that kiss says otherwise", I instantly stopped on my tracks.

"You saw that?", how the hell did that happen, god I hope the others didn't.

"Yeah, I spied on you", he shrugged as if it was totally normal.

He's my bestfriend, it's normal.

I sighed, "do you think.... do you think I can be liked, i mean in a romantic way, like can he possibly like me?", i asked as we kept walking.

He glanced at me with furrowed eyebrows, "why wouldn't he?", he asked his voice laced with confusion.

"I don't know, I just think that he sees me like everyone else.... broken, and I don't want him to see how broken and scarred I am", I shrugged.

It's true, what if he sees everything bad about me, and decides I'm not worth it?

Liam stopped in his tracks, and dropped what he was holding.

"Wha-", he cut me off by griping each of my shoulders with his large hands.

"Mira look at me".

"I'm looking at you dumbass",

"Yeah... right, anyways, you. Are. Not. Broken, and we don't see you like that too, trust me, no one, NO ONE you know for now, looks at you as a broken girl, or even pity you for what you've been through, we look at you and see someone brave, someone who went through something and survived, someone who fought". He said.