19 | Don't Ghost Me

I PUSHED THROUGH my apartment door feeling wondrously drunk, albeit not having consumed any alcohol

I PUSHED THROUGH my apartment door feeling wondrously drunk, albeit not having consumed any alcohol. Is this what it felt like to let happiness in? Had I been depriving myself for so long I forgot the feeling?

No, I hadn't kissed Elijah but feeling his lips on my hand, his nose brushing against mine, his fingers cupping my cheek... the entire car ride home I touched those spots, wishing he'd touch me again because the feeling was already slipping from my memory.

Reva wasn't back from class yet, which gave me enough time to decompress and change into my clothes for work.

My manager at Ruby's Tavern called and asked if I would pick up a shift and since I had nothing better to do, I agreed and now was ready to leave. It was better than sitting at home and staring at my phone waiting for him to text me, because even though I could, what would I possibly say?

"Long time no see. How was your trip?" My manager asked while brewing a fresh pot of coffee. I tied my apron and vaguely told them about my trip to see my sister. I wasn't close with my manager, but our relationship could've been worse.

"It's a slow day. You've got tables three through five."

I wiped down table four and took orders from table five, listening to the News Castors on the TV laughing.

"They weren't lying when they said April showers bring May flowers," the female said. "We've now broken records for the most rainfall between March and April since 2003."

"I'd keep your raincoats and umbrellas nearby folks. The rain just might follow us throughout April into May."

I wanted to groan at the news. I loved taking my canvases and paints outside in the spring, but that has not been an option lately.

During my fifteen-minute break, I pulled my phone from my pocket and saw a notification. My cheeks hurt from the smile that formed on my face, and I gripped my phone with superhero strength.

[Elijah: Hey, sorry for kicking you out.]

I looked over my shoulder as if I was doing something I wasn't supposed to, then waited a moment to send my message.

[Me: No worries. Hope practice was good.]

Stupid reply.

My phone vibrated almost immediately.

[Elijah: Still here :/ ]

It vibrated again and an image appeared. Holy smokes, I swallowed. It was a picture of him in the locker room mirror. Sweat saturated his shirt and skin and his arm muscles looked chiseled from the fresh workout.

Not to mention, his brows were drawn together like he was deep in concentration while taking the picture. It was adorable. If I thought my smile couldn't get any wider, I was wrong.