Chapter 16: Preparing a New Age

Start from the beginning

"Some ambitions have the power to heal wounds... To bring victory. To inspire hope."

Gorou returns to Watatsumi Island with the army. He returns home with his men finally victorious after a long war that for raged for over year. He will never forget the moment when he came face to face with the Raiden Shogun and seemingly certain death along with (Katsuo) who was his enemy much like Kujou Sara. At long last, their words have been heard.

Enkō saw Ayaka as well as two other Yashiro Commission representatives waving at him. Just as he pondered what the reason could be, he remembers it. Now that the Vision Hunt Decree has been abolished, one of his long time friends can go back out once again without the fear of being prosecuted. He excused himself from his fellow disciples and joined Ayaka in inviting Thoma out.

They arrive at the Komore Teahouse and call for Thoma to come out. A moment passes and the door of the Komore Teahouse opened and the blonde young man exited, feeling the freedom that he regained after what felt like an eternity. Outside, he saw Ayaka, Enkō, Sayu, and Nana waiting for him. Together, they welcome their loyal friend back to Inazuma with Ayaka having even planned a small celebration.

"But some ambitions outlive their masters, long after the soul ascends."

Near the Grand Narukami Shrine, Kazuha arrives at a grave marked by a sword. It is here where his friend now rests after he challenged the rule of the Raiden Shogun - perhaps he is the one who truly kick-started everything that finally led up to this, only that it costed the sacrifice of his life as well many others. Nevertheless, he fulfilled his desire to brave the lightning's glow and Kazuha, while still saddened by his passing, is also happy for his friend, knowing he is now at peace more than ever.

The young samurai returns the masterless Vision to its rightful owner. Kazuha prays for his friend before standing up. He disappears into the wind as a sign of moving on, leaving the sword, the scarf, and the Vision behind.

"They remain as they were in the beginning, burning bright and true, for all eternity."

- Some time later... -

Having reacquainted with Chiyo once more, Ei is overjoyed. (Katsuo), ever the trustworthy one, has fulfilled yet another promise as he always has. Ei is proud to call him her friend.

Despite their reunion, Ei is still moved by the Traveller's conviction to change the way she rules Inazuma. Her concept of eternity has been challenged and now, she must mull over it once more to redefine what eternity means to Inazuma and its people. She has voiced these concerns to both Chiyo and (Katsuo) including taking the time to think about everything.

"Do you really have to go? It has been so long and..." Chiyo trails off, upset that Ei must leave them once more. Ei holds both of her red hands.

"Don't worry. It will not be long. I just... need time to think." Ei says to the oni maiden.

"Then, come back soon. We have a lot to catch up on and I'm sure Miko has a lot to tell you too." Chiyo tells Ei who nods in response. Ei then turns to her enenra friend.

"(Katsuo)... Words cannot describe how proud I am to call you my trusted advisor and my friend above all else." Ei says to (Katsuo) who smiles.

"Of course. Between us all, there is eternity in our friendship after all." (Katsuo) replies. Ei nods.

"We can discuss the foundation of the Yūreitachi Clan as well as this new Commission that you proposed once I return. I will especially be honored to be able to contribute to the creation of your very own clan." Ei tells him.

"It was a long overdue project." Chiyo remarked and Ei chuckled.

"Indeed it is, Chiyo." Ei mused.

"I had my reasons." (Katsuo) retorted to Chiyo who playfully glanced at him.