Prologue: Inevitable Sacrifice

- Five hundred years ago... -

It was a dark age for Inazuma.

Khaenri'ah was punished by Celestia for whatever action that they took, causing the imminent destruction of the Eclipse Dynasty and their creations to be leaked throughout Teyvat to wreak havoc. Inazuma was not spared.

The forces of darkness ravaged through the warriors of Inazuma that leaped into action to serve the Electro Archon as well as to protect their homeland. Many fought, and many also fell. And yet, the darkness that enveloped the nation just doesn't seem to show any signs of light at the end of the tunnel. It was an uncertain war.

"Has anyone seen our clan leader?" A young man known as Mikoshi Doukei half-yelled in the main camp of the Shogun's band of warriors.

They are here to hold off the horde of monsters only known as the Abyss from reaching Inazuman civilization, hoping to save their nation from their corruptive powers. Ever since the general, Sasayuri was slain from the battle against Orobashi long ago, the Shogunate army has struggled to maintain discipline and tactical superiority as monsters rampaged throughout their lands; many of the samurai and ashigaru faltered and some even deserted the army, understandably fearing for their lives.

It took the combined efforts of the Raiden Shogun, Mikoshi Chiyo, Kitsune Saiguu, and (Katsuo) along with Sasayuri's loyal and willing officers to keep the army together. Though the army was less effective without their greatest general, the situation in Inazuma could've went worse without their intervention.

(Katsuo) is a warrior enenra and a Hatamoto in the Shogunate army. He is close friends with the Raiden Shogun, Sasayuri, Kitsune Saiguu, and especially Mikoshi Chiyo to whom he has a special relationship with and which is though only known by their friends.

(Katsuo) heard Mikoshi Doukei's shouts. The enenra knows that Doukei is the biological son of Chiyo despite not having a mate. With how the relationship that he and Chiyo has going on, (Katsuo) and Doukei treated each other almost like father and son. And like a father, he couldn't help but feel worried for Chiyo.

The last time that they heard about her was that she went to engage a massive creature that was native to Inazuma but has since been corrupted by the powers of the Abyss. That was hours ago and both (Katsuo) and Doukei felt dread.

"Doukei." (Katsuo) called out to Doukei under the rain. Despite his voice being drowned out by the weather, the young man heard him and turned to acknowledge him.

"Master (Katsuo)!" Doukei shouted before he jogged towards his father figure. "Have you seen mother? She hasn't returned yet." He asked him, hopeful for an answer. To his dismay, (Katsuo) shook his head.

"Forgive me, but I have not." (Katsuo) answered. "I eliminated the fallen yōkai in the west, but I was far from where Chiyo was last seen." Hearing his answer, Doukei sighed dejectedly.

"I understand, Master (Katsuo)." Doukei said.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, brother." Another young man, Mikoshi Nagamasa, Chiyo's adopted son at (Katsuo's) urging. He, too, sees the enenra as a father figure and to whom he was thankful for turning his life for the better. "Mother is more powerful that we both realize, brother. She will emerge victorious. I just know it."

"I want to believe you, Nagamasa, truly..." Doukei said to his adopted brother. "But we have lost so many friends and members of our clan. We don't know how long this catastrophe will last."

"You two, return to your quarters." (Katsuo) told the brothers. "Once I have news of your mother, you will be the first to know. I promise." He said to them.