Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My first day, I've heard of this school from my parents and uncles. William McKinley High School, my family went here now it's my turn. I'm Hayden Meree Hudson. My parents, uncles and their friends went to school there. One of my uncles hated school there for one of years going to school there, but after that he felt better because he knew his brother and friends would help him get through it. Everyone I talk to talks about my mom I guess it's because she was on Broadway but I don't know. My family and parents friends don't make a big deal about it, but whenever someone finds out my last name is Hudson it all goes downhill. I wish it could change but Uncle Kurt tells me everything will get better. Uncle Blaine says it's all just in my head and will get better when I find the love of my life like he did, but dad tells me to not tell people my last name and things will go ok. My mom comforts me and says it's all her fault but everyone knows it's not true. Mr. Abrams (Artie) tells me to stick with the stuff I love and things will go ok. Ms. Lopez (Santana) says follow my dreams I'm beautiful and talented and should embrace it. Ms. Pierce (Brittany) says I'm really smart and she should know apparently. Everyone tells me I'm smart, talented and pretty, but, I just don't really believe it. I wish I had friends and true ones. Mr. Puck which is what I call even though he tells me to call him Puck says he'll be my friend but he's my dad's age so no thank you! I'm fourteen so I'm going to be a freshman, I don't see my uncles very often because they live in New York and we live in Ohio, but I call them and Skype them but it's not the same, I wish I could see New York it sound so beautiful, but, I like Ohio. I'm happy, because, over Christmas break I'm going to my uncles' house in New York!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOO HAPPY!!!!! Oh my goodness three months, three months, three months EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last night the phone rang my dad sounded surprised I don't know why but he did. My mom woke me up what seemed to minutes later.

"Hayden time to get up!"

"Why it's only six o'clock in the morning, come on mom." I whined.

"Hayden Meree!!!"My mom yelled. I had never heard her yell before, I sat up quickly.

"I'm up, I'm up!!!"I said.

"Your father and I have something to tell you before you go to school. "She said.

"Ok????" I said well asked. I got dressed in the clothes Ms. Lopez bought me. I picked them out she paid for them she said I needed time with aunt Santana though I call her Ms. Lopez and she's not my aunt. I don't have any aunts so sometimes I pretend that Ms. Lopez and Ms. Pierce are my aunts. Ms. Pierce is engaged I don't know to whom no one does not even Ms. Lopez. Anyway I went downstairs and my mom and dad told me they were going to New York with me and that my uncles had a surprise and they wanted to tell us in person. I went to school. In English I met this new girl her name was Dakota. I was talking to her and ours moms worked together. She had to leave upstate New York because she didn't have any real friends. She knew how I felt. So now I have one friend. After school I ran home and told family and friends, well the other adults, at my house I didn't tell my uncles, I was hoping I was going to have more by the time I saw them.

"Oh my goodness, Hayden can we meet her?!" Ms. Lopez asked.

"Um, maybe some time." I said hoping I wouldn't have to have to have her meet Ms. Lopez, Ms. Pierce, Mr. Puck, Mr. Abrams and my parents , but I don't want anyone to meet my uncles and I don't want to talk about why. The issue is very controversial all over I wish no one cared it's none of their business whether...Woops off track anyway I want to hang out with Dakota, but my family is a problem. I keep saying family so I guess Mr. Puck, Mr. Abrams, Ms. Lopez, and Ms. Pierce are my family. At dinner I didn't say much, but did my family like to talk. My mom told me in the next three months I shouldn't listen to any Katy Perry because Teenage Dream is my uncles "song". I shouldn't get into details, but, I'm going to my uncles are gay. Their names are Kurt and Blaine. They aren't married yet but they're engaged maybe that's what they're going to tell us. They wouldn't tell us over the phone if it was big news. Marriage is big news right. Anyway my mom is acting weird maybe. I think she is hiding something, so I'm deciding to ask her!

"Hey mommy?" I asked as sweetly as possible.

"Yes Hayden." My mom said annoyed.

"I have a question, uh are you hiding something from me?"

"What, Hayden, where, who, how, why did you get that idea?" she asked glaring at Santana.

"You're stuttering." I said stating the obvious.

"HAYDEN, that's enough." my dad said. I looked at Santana then at my mom and dad, sighed, went into my room. Brittney and Santana came into my room. They looked at each other.

"You both know something?" I asked. They just looked at each other. "Will you please tell me please?" I pleaded.

"Well........." Santana said.

"Ummm...." Brittney said.

"Well, ummmm. What is the secret that you can't tell me? Is my mom pregnant?" I asked. Santana's eyes got big.

"Umm we have to go." Santana said quickly.

"We do?" Brittney asked.

"Yes we do!" Santana said. She grabbed her arm and dragged her out of my room. My dad was walking into my room as Santana was dragging Brittney out. Santana whispered something to him.

"Did you tell her?" He asked.

"NO!!!!!" Santana yelled. "Do you think I'm a bad friend?" She asked.

"What? No, of course not Santana! You're awesome everyone knows it." My dad said.

"Thanks Finn!!!" Santana exclaimed. My dad smiled.

"Hayden can I talk to you?" my dad asked.

"Ya sure dad what's up?" I asked.

"I..." he paused "I just want you to know me and you're mom love you." He said not looking at me.

"Dad what's going on?" I was getting soooo worried.

"The secret me and you're mom have. We don't want you to get mad. When we go to see your uncles we are going to tell everyone."

"But Santana and Brittney know!" I exclaimed angrily. He didn't answer me so I knew they didn't know from my mom and dad telling them.