✖22✖

Maekayla's point of view

It was maybe around noon at the moment and I was still with Michael. We had been spending a lot of time together and it's awesome. My hair, luckily, came out beautiful and I think Michael is jealous of it because he's always touching it.

Right now, he was cooking us some lunch, also known as, throwing a bunch of frozen chicken nuggets and french fries into the oven. I was sitting on the counter watching as he continuously opened the ovem to make sure they didn't burn.

"You better eat this. It doesn't even have to be a lot, it just has to be something." he said and I nodded. I was actually going to because it seems everyone is so upset with me trying to be skinny.

It had occured to me late last night that maybe, just maybe, they were right. They see me differently than I see myself. Maybe they see the real me and what I see in the mirror is just my mind playing tricks on me?

So, if that is the case, I was going to try and recover from this. Slowly, I'll start eating more and hopefully, soon, my appetite will be back and I won't feel the need to skip meals all the time. At least, that's what I hope.

However, I think it's a little to late... but I can always try? Right?

"I will, I-I promise." I told him and he nodded. "Can we play some video games while we eat? I also haven't played that in ages."

"Really? What did you spend your time doing then? Surely you didn't just spend it all sleeping and with your friends." He said and I gave him a fake smile.

Friends. I haven't had some in quite awhile. I usually stayed in my house or went to the mall for a bit, ny myself. I used to also go over to Max's all the time, which, now I can't anymore. He's done with me and I'm literally hoping this would just blow over like our last fight.

"I usually um went to the mall, to Max's, and stayed in my room. I never did much. I was always a little loner." I said and gave him a small smile. "I lost intrest in things and I guess, I kind of miss them."

"What did you lose intrest in? I remember you used to do so much. Draw, cook, make music, write, and so much more." He said and I smiled smally once again as I remembered when I was younger.

"Everything really." I said. "I turned more towards drawing and music however, so, I guess I kept those. Everything else just kind of faded away as time passed." I said, not daring to bring up the fact it was his fault.

We were over that topic, at least, I had thought, but Michael just proved me wrong. "It was my fault, wasn't it?" He spoke curiously and as if he despised the words he said.

I nodded slowly and then sighed. "But it's fine, really." I said and gave a quick, forced smile. "I'm still here, and you apologized. Everything is okay now, so don't think of the past. You can't change it." I said and he nodded.

"But I still hate myself for screwing you over so much, and so bad." He said as he opened the oven. I sighed again and he turned the oven off.

"Don't worry about it," I repeated. "You apologized and everything is fine now. I'm fine. It's the past. Like I said, you can't change it nor can you fix it. You can only forget about it." I told him.

"Fine," he huffed and then reached to get the pan. "Motherfucker!" He yelled and pulled his hand back. "We need new oven mitts, the pan went straight through it." He said angrily and I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips.

"You're an idiot." I said and got off of the counter. I took the glove from him and placed it on my hand. I wrapped it around the edge of the pan and quickly pulled the pan out and set it on the stove.