Chapter One (The many adventures of Sam Wilson)

Hey loves! So, this fiction takes place after Captain America: Winter Soldier. This will not follow the movie! I would also like to address that I work with a mixture of comics and the cinematic universe, so please keep that in mind while reading.  

I hope you enjoy this story! I enjoyed writing this!

Thank you, Jesse_Winter_Soldier, for beta reading for me! I appreciate it!

If you haven't already checked it out, I have another Bucky/OFC going called Whiskey.

He was pulling into the first parking lot he could find after crossing the border into Canada, which was a Starbucks, thank goodness. Sam Wilson never got the hype over the overpriced, sickly-sweet coffee. But at this point, caffeine was caffeine, and he was desperate. He climbed out of the car Steve had 'borrowed' from Tony with a groan. He sighed, stretching his hands above his head, feeling his sore muscles pulled, and his joints pop. Digging his phone out of his pocket, he strolled lazily through his contacts until he found Steve Rogers.

Steve picked up on the first ring. "Hello! Sam!"

Sam snorted. "Hey, man." He stretched again before resting his elbows on the hood of the little Mitsubishi eclipse he had been driving.

"You good? Everything okay?" Steve asked, sounding concerned. "Where are you?"

Sam could see the classic worried Steve Rogers expression.

"Canada, I found an abandoned car just inside Allentown city limits. We're too close to the Canadian border for him not to get into Canada." Sam replied, looking around the Starbucks parking lot.

"Canada!?" Steve groaned, where the hell was Bucky going? "What the hell is he thinking?"

Sam knew it was a rhetorical question, but he answered anyway, "Man, if I knew you think I'd be one step behind him?" He laughed.

Steve let out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, right." He sighed. "Just stay safe and keep me in the loop, yeah?"

Sam smiled. "Yeah, you got it. "He didn't like the idea of gallivanting across Canada to find an ex-Hydra assassin, who happened to be a brainwashed Super Soldier and childhood best friend of his best friend.

"Thanks, Sam; I appreciate everything you're doing," Steve said.

After saying their goodbyes, Sam hung up the phone, stuffing the device back into the pocket of his jeans. He locked the door to the car; taking a deep relaxing breath, he walked across the parking lot towards the hope of a good caffeine buzz.

He was walking into the building; he was hit with a warm, comforting, spicy scent of coffee beans, quickly making his way to the restroom to relieve his aching bladder.

An adorable bubbly blonde with baby blue eyes was operating the register; she smiled brightly at Sam before pulling her bottom lip in. Sam flashed her a pearly white smile as he approached the counter.

"Hello!" The blonde chirped. "What can I get started for ya?"

Sam chuckled, "I uh, this is embracing. I don't usually stop at Starbucks; I'm a little lost." he smiled, looking at the menu. "What's your favorite drink, Sweetheart?"

The blonde blushed, "I love the hot mocha blend with heavy cream." she smiled.

"That sounds interesting; I'll give it a try. Umm, whatever is the largest, please." he paid for his drink.