Now and again I would glance at Dream, or he would glance at me. If he wasn't wearing his mask I'm sure the morning light would be hitting his face at the perfect angle. 

Then we start to feel it, the approach of our enemies. Shouting echoes in the forest, our horses start to dance in their spots. I raise my hand and wait until I see them. I reach deep into the earth and grab hold of the grass in front of us. I start to shake feeling the vibrations of thousands of feet pounding on the earth.

They break the treeline and I hear Lian shout the command behind us. I don't watch the incredible rain of arrows as they fly over our heads. I watch them land on our enemies forcing them to crumble. But sheer abundance forces more soldiers out of the darkness. I can't help but compare the scene to a zombie raid.  

"That's your cue," Dream says and I feel myself smirk. 

My body vibrates with power and I force the grass as high as I can, just above our horses' heads. Sounds of clattering weapons and confusion fill the air as the Dark Army soldiers get lost in the forest I had created. Arrows continue to rain down creating thudding on the shields of soldiers in the grass. 

"ATTACK!" Techno charged into the fray first, Dream and I close behind screaming our own battle cries. We bring forth an onslaught of our first battalion. 

Grass whacks my arms and legs as I tear through. I switch into battle mode relinquishing all reservations in my attacks. I cut people down swiftly and nearly silently. Each cry fuels my energy and I let my knowledge of L'Manburg's territory guide me. The home ground advantage is everything, and I intend to use it. 

I throw potions at opponents. Weakness and slowness act quickly to make easy targets for our soldiers. My grip on the grass loosens and it starts shrinking back down to the earth. Once it's short enough for me to see over, I leap off Percy's back allowing him to keep running to safety. 

With a flourish of my axe, I swing, blocking a Dark Army sword. I shove him back harshly and take the opportunity to sweep his legs from under him. Footsteps alert me to a new opponent. I stay low and follow the momentum I had from my previous swing and take out the other guy's legs too.

Two new attackers come quick. I rip the grass from the earth making a wall to block one of them before he swings. I smirk seeing his sword stuck between the blades. I turn to the other guy and run away from him and to the wall I had created. I run up and kick off twisting my body in a backflip, kicking the soldier in the face on the way down. While he's stunned I kick his side and use the motion to swing my axe and send his sword flying. A hard punch to the nose knocks him out. 

The wall breaks suddenly and I flip backwards to avoid the soldier's swing. I wrestle as a soldier catches me in a vice-like grip forcing me to drop my axe. I headbutt the soldier and elbow his rips creating a satisfying wet crunch. I push against the soldier holding me to kick the other guy in the gut making him stumble away. 

I keep the motion and crunch my abs to flip myself onto my captor's neck. I grip with my knees and use my weight to swing him to the stumbling man I had kicked in the gut. I let them trip one another over and roll away as they crash to the ground. 

The voices were loud but not as loud as my pulse in my ears as I whip out two potions and fling them at more soldiers. They came out of thin air like ghosts but fought as heavily as giants. Slopping swings filled with nothing but pure brute strength. My size was my enemy and my best tool against much larger opponents.