Lotus

Plus, is a depressed mother good for a child. I will be twenty eight in two months, and have achieved a considerable in life. I hope I get to live this soon too. Even if it is with another man, who will love me.

"What club?", Jaden and Alexander enter the dining room, and I smiled at Jaden. He was a really nice guy.

"The club of parents!", I hear Courteney announce in excitement.

And that was when I realised the conversation's topic. I didn't say anything. I hated lying to my best friend, the one who's been with me always.

"Uhmm...soon!", I heard the reply from one and only bitch of my husband. Is he for real?

"Well, I don't want kids!", With this man ofcourse! Who knows he'll abandon them like he did to me.

"...but you love kids!", Courteney countered.

I chuckled humorlessly, "Loved. I loved kids!"

++++

To my extreme displeasure, I was given a room that had only one bed, leaving me no option but to share it with him, who looked like he didn't care.

But that was not my main concern right now. I had my medications in my handbag, and I needed to take them. I somehow saved my bag from Courteney. Because there was nothing like personal space between us. And while I have covered a long distance past that relationship by not telling her anything about my life, she is still stuck at the place where she thinks of me as her partner in crime.

I found the three bottles that my doctor recommended. They were not too harsh as medicines, but ofcourse I needed them.

Since he was inside the room, and I didn't want to answer his useless questions, I went in the washroom and had the pills.

It took me some time because I have always had a fear of gulping pills. Even after they are well swallowed, I always feel like something is constricted in my throat.

One of the pill had high sedative content, so much that it made me feel sleepy almost instantly. I was aware of this from before, and so I already changed into my night clothes.

Coming out of the washroom, I straight went to the bed. I was aware he was lying to the left and I had to share the bed. But I had no will to fight.

I only took my pillow and hugged it by my side, sighing as soon as my head hit the bed.

"Wow! No fights today..", I heard him.

I did not turn to look at him but spoke groggily, "... can't you live without one?"

I heard him chuckle, "I certainly can. But I was thinking why don't we sit and talk like humans?"

"You are not human..", I sighed.

"You seem too tired. Are you alright?"

I chuckled a little, "I've been better."

"Aubrey....?"

And then I couldn't respond to him. I felt a blanket over me and some light breathing near my ears, but I was too far gone to react.

*

I got ready in my beautiful floor length pink sundress, and combed the length of my hair, as they fell down to my waist.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and the baby shower was outdoors. I assembled all the gifts I had brought on the bed. And I was pretty content with all the things.

My attention is grasped when I hear the bathroom door unlock, and him coming out in nothing but a towel.

Ideally, I should have looked away, but when does it really happen.

I think all the time he was supposed to give me, as a husband was instead given in the gym.

"Thanks for staring. I feel appreciated."

I looked away, trying to hide my embarrassment with smugness, "You need to work better dear!"

"If you say so love!"

The L word irritated me, something I feel he enjoys, but I did not retaliate. He may think that is my weakness.

I hear him shuffle around behind me, as he unlocks his suitcase.
When I turn finally, I see him wearing a soft pink shirt, and white pants. Some combination that makes him look so damn eatable.

And if someone looked at us together, they'd think we are in love.

Once ready he came forward and looked at the gifts, "So what did you bring on our behalf Mrs. Wife?"

"What do you mean by 'our' behalf?"

"Oh the behalf of Campbell master and madam?", And then he winked at me.

"A shit load of depression. But we wouldn't want to gift that to an unborn kid? Would we?"

He rolled his eyes, and fetched an envelope from his bag, and scribbled something on it, before placing it with the gifts.

I saw he wrote, 'With love, From Aubrey and Alexander'.

"What is that?"

"A trip to Bahamas."

And well, I was no more happy with my gifts.