Chapter 16 : Escape

Start from the beginning

The twins started to run in a different direction. Luna and the others were running in the opposite. Luna and the others jogged down the corridors. They made their way to another staircase and took them down to the ground floor.

"S-so ... f-far ...i-it looks okay," panted Chloe. They kept on the pace without slowing down or speeding up. Soon they reached on the big doors of the building. They stopped in front of the doors. They couldn't cross them because of the ankle bracelets.

"Now what?" asked Wendy. She panted. Luna looked at her friends.

"Now we wait," she said. They stood there as they waited.

***

The twins ran in the opposite direction from the group. Unlike the group who were more jogging, the twins were running with full speed. They raced down the corridor and made their way around the building.

The twins found themselves standing in front of the doors to the laboratory. They managed to sneak into the lab the same way Luna did. They stole some acids and chemical substances. Not long after, they were running again.

They found themselves panting in front of a door with the label, Key Room. Shi Qi looked at her sister. Li Qi nodded before looking for a broom. She spotted one and grabbed it.

"Let's hope it works," said Li Qi. She held the broom in her hand tightly. She lifted the broom handle and swung it down hard on the doorknob. The doorknob didn't seem affected. The broom however broke.

"Are you kidding me?" asked Shi Qi as she raised an eyebrow towards her sister. "I thought you were going to use the acid we stole!" Li Qi face palmed herself.

She reached for the bottles of chemicals substance in her plastic bag. She handed them to her sister. Shi Qi took the bottle and started to break open the door the same way Luna did for the door of Classroom 4.

It took a while but soon they had access to the Key Room. Li Qi entered as Shi Qi stood outside on guard. Li Qi searched through each key in the room. 'Come on! Come on!' Her hands reached out for a bunch of keys. It had a keychain with the label, Detention Students ankle bracelet. She stuffed the key into her pocket. She searched for other keys.

After stuffing the last bunch of keys which had the label, Main Building Keys, Li Qi got out of the room and looked at her sister. They started to run to where the others were.

Little did they know, they were being watched by people who wanted to use them as test subjects. The twins ran as fast as they could to where their friends were waiting. The doors of the main school building.

They found themselves panting in front of their other friends. Luna looked at them with a smile. She knew they managed to steal the keys. Li Qi was about to pull the keys out when they heard footsteps coming their way. Luna signaled for them to hide.

It was to an advantage for them to meet up there. The doors were see through doors. Towards the left, there were a few broken tables and chairs stacked up neatly. Towards the right, there was a big cut out of the school mascot, a giraffe. There were a few items in the lobby that were proved useful in hiding.

The twins and Wendy hid behind the large cut out of the mascot. They were lucky there was no gap between the area for the legs. It was one big cut out with no holes. They had changed the angle of the mascot to allow it to hide them well.

Chloe, Cindy and Samantha on the other hand hid behind under the stack of tables and chairs. They managed to pulled the chairs quietly and fast enough to hide under the table. They had covered themselves with the chairs. It was an advantage to have the chairs there. Wood covered the gap between the legs of the chair. It made it hard to spot them.