Chapter 8 : Mid Year Exams

Time passed and Luna was getting along with her new friends. The group were together at the library. They were studying for the upcoming examinations. They had one more week before the exams.

"Do you think Chapter 3 will come out as an essay question?" asked Chloe. Wendy looked up from her book and thought for a moment.

"I don't think so. Teacher said Chapter 5," said Wendy as she flipped through her notebook. "Yup, Chapter 5 will bean essay question, Chapter 1 to 4 is unknown."

"I hate essay questions. There is too much to remember," said Cindy as she leaned back on her chair. "Why do we need to remember all this stuff anyway? It's not like someone will come up to us and ask these questions."

"Yea ... there's too much to remember," said Li Qi. "It's like I read a page but nothing is stored in the memory."

"Imagine if we go to Science stream next year. Chemistry and Physics ... I will die," she said as she shut her book. "Not to mention Additional Math. I'm already struggling with Math."

"Yes ... it's a nightmare," said Chloe. Luna looked up from her book and looked at her friends.

"So ...," she started. "Which class are you planning to go to?"

"Accounting maybe," said Chloe.

"Me too, accounting," said Wendy. Li Qi nodded at that indicating she was planning for accounting.

"Am I the only one planning to take Science?" asked Luna. Shi Qi looked at Luna.

"I'm planning to go Science too," said Shi Qi. Wendy looked at her weird. Shi Qi sighed. "Just because were twins doesn't mean we will be in the same class. Li Qi wants to be an accountant. I want to be a doctor."

Luna smiled. "At least I'm not the only one. What about you, Samantha?"

"I-I am choosing Arts," said Samantha in a soft voice. "I want to be an artist." She picked up her sketch book and showed her drawings.

"I think you will do great as an artist," said Luna looking at the beautiful drawings. Cindy looked at the group before saying anything.

"You have plans for your future while I don't," she said as she crossed her hands. "I don't know what I want to become."

"It's okay. There's no hurry. Exams haven't come yet and it is not even half the year. No worries," said Chloe. The group continued to study in silence. The library didn't have many people. All could be heard were the sounds of rustling papers.

Their studies were interrupted by an announcement. "Good evening students. Attention to all students. The location of your exams have been handed out to your rooms. If there is any student who didn't receive, please see me Miss Siti at Classroom 1 before 8. Thank you."

After the announcement, the group continued to study. When the clock showed it was nearly 7, the group left to the cafeteria. They had their dinner and parted ways to their individual rooms.

Luna opened her door and walked in. She picked up the letter about the location of the exams for each subject that was slipped under her door. She placed her bag containing her books on the floor and started to read the letter.

'Monday, English Paper 1, Classroom 1. English Paper 2, Classroom 2.' Luna placed the letter down after reading. 'Exams. Exams. Exams. Can't wait for it to be over.' She walked over to her closet and picked out her clothes.

***

The examination week had arrived. Luna, Chloe and Samantha were having their English Paper 1 exam in the same class, Classroom 1. The tables were arranged with a gap of 1 meter from the other to prevent copying. The students were seated at their seats following the order pasted on the classroom door. Chloe sat closer to left and more to the front. Luna sat somewhere in the middle while Samantha sat at the back.