Chapter 7-Missing

*Adorable art by @selozar_ghost on Instagram!

-3rd person pov-
"Anyway, Gregory, was it? What did you need?" Michael asked, taking Gregory's focus away from the two's antics.

"Oh, that thing you used this morning. That made you look different? Can those work on animatronics too?" Gregory asked. He originally planned to question if Michael had more, but he realized they may only work on humans.

"Yeah, they're actually meant for them, why do you ask? Did you want one?" Michael responded, he had a glint in his eyes that told Gregory he didn't have what he was asking for. "I was just kind of curious,"

Gregory paused, he was still young and hadn't been properly taught on how to identify specific emotions, but he felt like this was some sort of sensitive topic for Michael. The endo, now known as 'Ennard' raised a red mechanical eyebrow and boredly asked, "That's all, kid? You could've waited until another day to bother us."

Michael rolled his eyes and sent a glare his way, to which Ennard gave him a look that said, 'What? I'm right.' Michael sighed and looked back at Gregory, he was about to speak when Gregory's fazwatch went off.

He looked at it, and saw Freddy was calling. Chica probably noticed he was gone by now, and asked Freddy for help. Michael looked curious about the watch but Gregory decided to ignore the call--he knew he wouldn't be able to come here too often now that Roxanne was onto him.

She definitely discussed it with the others already, too. Gregory was slightly annoyed and forgot all about what he was thinking before, about the discs maybe being a sensitive topic for Michael. "What are those things called? Can you make them?" Gregory blurted out.

Ennard seemed surprised at the sudden 'confidence' the kid had. Before, he seemed nervous and slightly afraid. Ennard looked over to Michael, he knew about the illusion discs and Michael's past with them. Ennard had watched him lose his mind trying to build one of those things.

William Afton's colleague, Henry Emily, was the first to make them, but found no use and handed the blueprints off to William. Those blueprints were destroyed many years ago, though. Only a handful of discs were made and most were used on the Funtime animatronics.

When Michael had seen the flashing red dot in the service room earlier the day before, he completely doubted it was even real at first. In fact, he'd been stressing about it ever since he parted with Gregory and Bonnie. He'd mutter ideas about taking the entire disc apart, then would contradict it by saying he'd probably mess up and ruin the whole disc.

Ennard was a bit more bright, though. He explored the sinkhole that had been causing Roxy's Raceway tracks to crack, and concluded the entire pizzaplex was built over the Sister Location. It looked too familar—it was a very similar setup he'd played his first game with Michael in.

The halls were the same, and even the vent above the desk. Ennard had been planning to get away from Michael at some point and look for illusion discs. If he could find enough, and Michael could recreate them, he'd most likely get one too.

Ennard liked to think that was the only reason he was willing to help Michael, so he could get an illusion disc too, but that just wasn't the case. He was worried about the boy, whether he liked it or not.

Ennard had heard many rumors among the Funtimes, 'Work is what drove Afton insane and murdered children," Yenndo once told Ennard, Lolbit then joined the discussion, saying it was all the stress from working and making sure children were happy that he began hating them, wishing for his life to be so simple. Ennard didn't want that for Michael.

---

Chica was crying in Roxy's arms, explaining what had happened and how she couldn't find the boy anywhere. Freddy wanted to find Gregory himself, and make sure he was ok, but he knew the kid could be anywhere by now.

Roxanne was thinking about asking Sun if he could look for Gregory, he had an acute sense of tending to know where children are hiding. But, he was still upset Gregory disobeyed his one rule months ago. He really needed to know how to let go of a grudge.

It wasn't entirely Sun's fault though, he spent his free time coloring and talking to Moon in his head, that personality rubs off easily, even if you're a bubbly, kid-loving maniac. Roxy had attempted to look for Gregory multiple times from the first floor, but it wasn't easy, she was too far away for her eyesight to be effective.

Freddy had walked away to call Gregory on his fazwatch a few minutes ago, and came back looking like he was about to tear up too. Freddy could barley say the words, "Gregory won't answer, something must be terribly wrong." Roxy felt pity, Freddy was definitely taking this out on himself.

Monty tried to bring up the mood by saying, "Well, I can't smell any blood, so he should be fine." Monty had a big smile on his face, as if he were actually helping. Bonnie and Roxy glared at him while Chica cried harder and Freddy walked to his room.

Bonnie went after him, assuming he'd need comforting. Roxanne shot Montgomery another glare before sneering, "That wasn't the right time, you dumbass." Monty's only reaction was a face contortion into guilt. "I don't really care about this kid too much, but I can go look for him.

I have the feeling he's still in the basement, and there's one place in particular that may be keeping him occupied for so long." Monty said, in an attempt to give at least a bit of hope to the others.

Roxy was skeptical but Chica had used all her battery and was now in need of a charge, and getting Chica to a recharging station was first and foremost in her mind, so she allowed Monty to act on his idea.