stable

"Come on.. Come on," Hershel speaks under his breath.

"Why ain't she breathing? Why ain't she coming back?" Daryl demands, voice growing louder.

"Daryl," Maggie calls, wrapping her arm around him, "Let him work.. She'll be just fine, you gotta let him work."

Hershel glances to the duo, hands still pumping Sakiko's chest, "Maggie, get him out. Let him calm down."

"I ain't leaving her!" Daryl shouts, making Maggie flinch.

"Where's Nanami?" Beth asks, sitting by Sakiko's side on the bed with one hand under the girl's back to hold the wound while the other was on her neck checking her pulse.

Daryl's mind spins as he tries to remember where he last saw Nanami. Nanami had opened the gates while Daryl ran through with Sakiko in his arms- but where had he gone after that?

"I'll go look," Maggie offers, "Daryl, come on. Nanami needs you- let daddy take care of Kiko."

Daryl shakes his head, taking a step back only to pause and question his directions.

"I got a pulse," Beth announces with a gasp.

"Come on, Kiko," Hershel pleads, "Come back to us, now."

Down the hall- there's a shout of Daryl's name from Rick.

Daryl could only stand motionless, looking at the lifeless teen in the bed that was making his own heart grow weaker with fear.

"Daryl!" Rick calls again.

"Go!" Hershel shouts, "Now!"

Maggie tugs on Daryl's arm, forcing him to follow her as they rush to where Rick was shouting.

"What's going on?" Maggie asks.

Eyes fall to Nanami, Ryan, Glenn, and Carl who were packing bags.

"What is this?" Daryl finally finds his voice.

"Carl said when he was shot, Hershel needed certain supplies," Nanami explains, "Supplies he doesn't have now. But, Woodbury does."

"You're not going," Rick denies, "We don't know what is even going on.. Daryl, shed some light for us?"

Daryl watches Nanami pull the bag around his back- the memories of the past hour flooding into his brain.

"Merle and Kiko.. They killed the Governor.. Bunch of his men, too."

"What?" Michonne asks, standing from her seat.

"When we got there.." Daryl closes his eyes at the sight in his mind, "Merle was already gone.. Turned. Kiko was awake and Governor was turned- trying to get to her."

"Which means Woodbury is down an army and there are innocent people there," Nanami speaks, "People that I need to talk to. The doctor- she can help Kiko."

"She can't be moved," Carol denies, "That bullet could have hit her spine and one wrong movement could leave her paralyzed. We can't risk that."

"We're not," Ryan picks his gun up, "We're getting the supplies and coming back."

"It's a two-hour trip one way," Rick sighs, "She might not be able to hold on-"

"She can," Glenn cuts him off.

"Governor had those people living in oblivion. If I can just get there and talk to them, I can work something out. I didn't see Martinez there- I can talk to him. We can get to some agreement and they can help Sakiko," Nanami plans.

His eyes were bloodshot red- dried tears staining his cheeks. But, by the determined and cold tone of his voice, no one would ever think he'd been crying since the second he saw Sakiko's bullet wound.

"It's risky," Rick reminds.

"I'm willing to take the chance," Nanami states, heading to the door- Glenn, Ryan, and Carl following.

"Wait, now," Rick stressfully calls to the men, "We need to be smart. Safe."

"We don't have time to go step by step," Nanami argues.

Michonne steps to him, resting her hand on his shoulder, "Sakiko's life is at stake. If you go and act stupid, this could get her and you killed. Let's talk about this and plan it out."

--

"You should stay," Nanami points to Ryan and Daryl.

"I gotta go," Daryl shakes his head, "For her-"

"For her, it's best if you stay. If she wakes up, she's gonna be scared. Besides, Merle didn't leave Woodbury on good terms so Merle's brother won't be welcomed with open arms."

Daryl was too stressed to argue anymore. Besides, it may have been selfish- but he didn't want to leave, either. He didn't want to go to that hellhole. He didn't want to leave his girl's side. He wanted to stay here and be with her in case.. Just in case.

"She feels safe with you," Nanami nods to Ryan.

Ryan shuffles on his feet, wondering if Nanami knew just how deep the connection ran between him and the other boy's sister.

"And if anything.." Nanami couldn't bring himself to speak the terror aloud, "You should be with her."

Ryan wanted to go and stay at the same time. Go to find the things Hershel needed to heal Sakiko while also not leaving her side. It was hard enough standing outside the cell where she was- he wanted to be in there holding her hand and telling her she was going to make it.

"She's stable," Hershel announces, stepping out from the cell while wiping his bloodied hands on a towel, "But, she can't breathe on her own. Bethy's got it under control right now."

"We're leaving now," Nanami reassures.

Hershel gives him a nod and Nanami begins to the door. Daryl catches up to him, placing his hand on his boy's shoulder to slow him down if only for a second. They don't say anything at first and Daryl takes a breath- tucking Nanami into a hug.

"Be safe out there," Daryl says- something like a begging plea.

"You too," Nanami swallows, feeling burdened by responsibility.

Daryl pats Nanami's back and Nanami takes that as his signal to go. With quick footsteps, he makes it to the doors then outside to where Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Michonne, and Carl were waiting.

"Come," Hershel motions, "While you're calm and she's stable."