CHAPTER SIX: Heartbeats

The sun was climbing up the top of the mountains when Sally opened her eyes and sat near the window watching the sunrise. The sky was purplish and in a matter of some minutes it turned bright blue and clear. Sally was smiling and she had no idea why. She turned on the music player on her phone and stuffed the earphones in her ears. She started moving around the room with soft dancing steps. Then she took the pillow and started dancing with it. She even started to sing with the song and move gracefully with the rhythm. She danced and sang. She really had an incredible voice.

"Today I'm going to meet him again", said Sally. "I will be with him! Oh my heart! I don't even know the guy well, why do I feel this way? Why do I think of him this much? Why do I care?"

Sally needed Lea. She needed to talk to someone who understands her pretty well and explains what was happening with her.
All of a sudden, someone tapped on Sally's shoulder. It was Lea. Lea was always there for sally. She never left her and she always poped out in critical situations just when Sally needed her badly.

" Does your heart pump so fast when he is close to you? " asked Lea.

" yeah! ", answered Sally," I hardly breathe and I feel like shiver in my veins with a boom boom sound deep within. "

" My dear, welcome to the kingdom of love. You like the guy so much and probably you are falling for him. " said Lea.

" Naah!! I am not a person who falls in love, maybe I like him but love? I don't think so. " said Sally with a timid smile on her face.

" We are humans, Sally. Even animals love. It's something you can never control. It simply happens, and the wonderful part is that it takes you deep to the core to feel you are the happiest person on earth. " Lea assured to Sally that one day she will fall in love and will understand thoroughly what she means.

Sally then jumped out of bed and rushed to take a warm bath before she went to gym.

Sally was extremely nervous at the gym. She started biting her lips again as she went to the walking machine for some warm up.

She was gazing at every corner in the gym looking for him. She finished her 10 minutes walking routine and sat on one of the weight machines. She started lifting some weight with all her strength. While she was trying to lower the weights back down, she felt like there is no weight at all in them. She turned behind to see what was the problem and she saw him directly behind her. Now the two faces confronted each other. They looked at each other for some time. He was looking deep into her eyes as she was trying to remove her sight from him but she couldn't. It was like she was charmed or spelled.

Sally's heart was beating really hard. She remembered what Lea had told her. She refused the idea of love. Sally thus interrupted the silence saying,"You were late. "

Mike smiled. Sally didn't even know that the only reason mike came was to see her. Nothing interested him but her. He had previous affairs in the past but he never felt anyone would be his match. But Sally, she was different, like no other, her presence just makes him so happy. According to him, Sally was so pure and innocent that he would do anything to keep her safe. She was the bloom that didn't blossom yet, the untrodden road he wanted to discover. She was so delicate. He simply loved the way she talks and loved everything about her.

Mike and Sally were having so much fun working out together. He made her laugh a lot and she loved it. Everybody else in the gym was staring at them with admiration. It was like they were two love idols and an inspiration to many dead souls who were so thirsty for love.

Mike and Sally started seeing each other each day. Even on vacations, they went to Deepinyou Caffè and had so much fun together. Sally couldn't spend a day without seeing him and he was totally lost without her. He became addicted to her presence with him and he knew she's the one he wanted to continue his life with.

On the other hand, Lea was also seeing Sam. They were getting along so well. And they had so many things in common. They had same interest in musicians and musical bands, same interest in books and authors, same interest in theaters and movies, and same interest in dreams and aspirations. Besides, Sam loved Lea so much. He wanted to see her everyday. He loved spending his time with her more than anything else. Lea also loved him. She never met a man like him. He was the man of her dreams. He was smart and gentle. He was a really unique person with a great vision. Lea was so happy with him.

And as any couples, Sally and Lea had their own love stories. However, every love story has a point where fate interferes to question their love. And that exactly what Sally, Lea, Mike and Sam couldn't see and never expected!