35 : Roxanne.

━━━✦❘༻SUGAR.35༺❘✦━━━

One thing about Alina is that she loved her house clean.

If she had house personal for the pool outside and the rest of the house, she preferred taking care of the bedroom and closet herself, to make sure it was just how she liked.

And today was no exception, with the television playing on the background, she was cleaning the closet as Taehyung did his homework in the living room.

"Now back on the brutal murder of university student Roxanne Landgrab, police has found out the poor girl has been presumably poisoned before the stabs and gunshots with a deadly poison named tetrodotoxin." The journalist said, Alina's attention being in the television as she kept cleaning the closet.

Though Taehyung told her not to worry, she couldn't help but still think about it.

Poison ? That was insane.

Whoever did that was inhumane and completely insane.

Sure, she seemed weird to Alina, but nobody deserved to die like that.

Plus, poisoning was hard to trace back to a person, especially if as the news said, she was coming back from school.

It could've been anyone, in anything.

Food, drinks that she could've bought anywhere, heck, even in a vending machine.

She was extremely worried about Taehyung's safety for that.

What if he's next ?

She let out a soft sigh, looking at his messy part of the closet.

She clicked her tongue, however something quickly grabbed her attention.

An opened pack of silicon gloves..

Her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at the small package hidden in the folded shirt.

She took it off of the fabric and grabbed the shirt, something falling off of the pocket.

A small, tiny box, similar to one of a proposing ring.

Her heart started racing at that, imagining what it'd be like to be married to Taehyung.

The thought of being with him forever made her flustered for some reason, but something on the box cut her happiness off.

'Present for Roxanne'

Her birthday was coming up soon, they said it in the news, and Alina suddenly got scared that Taehyung might've scammed her this whole time, all to get back with his ex.

But she needed to be sure and not go with assumptions, picking it up and opening it without an ounce of hesitation.

Insane was a tiny container with a tag on it.

She looked at the small bottle, completely confused.

"Fugu ?" She mumbled to herself.

She took her phone out of her pocket, typing it on internet.

It was a fish..

She was about to close the tab and question him directly but something catched her eye.

'Has anyone died from fugu ?'

Her eyebrows furrowed at the sight of that, feeling completely confused.

The bottle, the proposition from Google, Taehyung's mysterious small, tiny box.

She clicked on the question to see what it meant, her eyes widening, stomach twisting at the answer.

'Twenty-three people have died in Japan after eating fugu since 2000, according to government figures. Most of the victims are anglers who rashly try to prepare their catch at home. ... Tetrodotoxin poisoning has been described as "rapid and violent", first a numbness around the mouth, then paralysis, finally death.'

She looked up at the television, Roxanne's parents now giving a statement.

"Our little Roxy would never go in these places alone so.. Whoever brought her there, you won't get away with this."

It all hit her like a truck.

'Present for Roxanne'

"I hated the girl."

"I was running a few errands but didn't find what I wanted."

"I'd kill for you."

"I'll do anything to keep you safe and happy."

"I won't let anybody come between you and me.."

The dark light she thought she imagined in his eyes, the way he badmouthed the dead without remorse.

It all came in a flash, the way he'd smile at her and look at her like she was the most important thing in his life, then would go hate on everyone that'd get too close to her, the way he was always there, always watching.

Alina looked at the tetrodotoxin, then at the picture of Taehyung smiling on the wall of their bedroom.

The man she loved.

Oh so deeply and irrationally.

Could he really have done that ?

".. Who are you ?"

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.