♯ 𝘀𝗲𝗶𝘇𝗲.

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚂𝙸𝚇𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽.

The pair lay in Kenma's bed as silence echoed in the room, as the television had long been shut off. There was no awkward tension in the air despite all the things that happened earlier on.

"Thank you for earlier." she said turning to face him. The room fell into silence again as the duo looked at everything but each other. Now, an awkward tension was beginning to show itself.

Kenma just nodded before turning his attention elsewhere. He honestly didn't know what to do. He felt as if the words he spoke earlier were becoming a lie.

They laid a good distance apart but he wanted her closer. He wanted to dive in headfirst and irresponsibly and think about everything else later. But he had to take everything one step at a time, even though now, he didn't really want to.

The girl at arm's length in front of him had such a strong effect on him. As much as he could have tried to deny it, or ignore it- he couldn't. The feeling he felt was just too strong.

He never realized how much he really missed her. Especially since she was so close, but yet so far because he couldn't touch her.

He couldn't snuggle into her as she played with his hair, or playing an endless amount of video games with her, and he felt like it was because of what he said. He seriously wanted to take it back.

Tell her that he didn't mind her hurting him again and that he didn't care about what she did. That he just wanted her.

But he also felt like it was too late to go back on what he said. The change was made, and the tempo was set.

Still, it didn't stop him from imagining the possibilities. He sighed as he shifted his position to spare a glance at her. She was staring at the roof of the room in thought as Mochi rested on her chest.

The silence went on for another several minutes. The two of them with many thoughts and feelings in their mind and heart. Mochi was switching between the two, looking for which place or person was more comfortable.

"I don't like this." she started as she turned to face Kenma, "feels like we're holding back and I don't like it."

He didn't look at her at first because he was thinking about what she said, but then he turned to look at her as she spoke again, "What are we holding back on?" she questioned making the boy think. They both glanced at each other, sharing a look. Kenma knew exactly what she meant and how to answer the question, but he chose not to.

They both wanted the same thing.

Another touch. Whether it be another hug, cuddling, or holding hands. Something- anything. The slightest touch wouldn't put them at ease, but it would surely help.

So she made the first move- a small move. She reached out and grabbed his pinky finger with hers, intertwining them.

She chuckled as she looked down at the intertwined pinkies before saying, "baby steps, right?"

He looked at her for a second before shaking his head no. If this was what baby steps were, he definitely didn't want it. He definitely felt like taking back his previous words.

Maybe he shouldn't push her away. Maybe it was about time he let it go and start again. Keeping her away when she was right in front of him was torture. It was something different when she wasn't here, and now that she was, he should make use of it.

Right?

He untwined their pinkies and then pulled her closer, so like earlier, her head was on his chest; the only difference is that they were now laying down- and then he grabbed her hand, intertwining their hands now; instead of pinkies.

She nuzzled her head into his chest; showing that she had no issue with their current state, He chuckled inwardly before placing his chin on top of her head and saying, "I hate baby steps."

For both of them; they felt at ease being close, even if it was temporary.