7. The first step👣

Start from the beginning

At that point, I couldn't control myself anymore. I wanted to see her clearly. I wanted to hug her.

I looked around to see if there's anyone there. After confirming that there's no one around I finally lifted Vamika close to my face. She looks exactly like her father. And why is she not crying. I am a stranger to her. How come she's not panicking.

She looked at me into my eyes and touched my lips. I kept staring at her. She then shifted her gaze onto my watch.

'Vamika.' I called her. She looked at me again and babbled something.

'Does your parents talk about me? Mainly your father. '

She just stared at me.

'I want an answer Vamika not just staring.'

She again spoke nothing.

'Virat met Sammy when she was a baby. But I didn't get to meet you. Do you know how excited I was to meet his first child. He ruined it all.'

She poked in my eye with her little finger .

'Ouch! Did you do this wantedly because I scolded your father?'

She giggled. And she looked same like Virat in that moment. I brought her so close to my chest and hugged her tightly.

Don't do this Ro. She's the daughter of that asshole who stopped talking to you for so long.

But she's the daughter of the guy who was my best friend for a decade!

Just then Shreyas has come back and saw me hugging her.

'Take her and go away. And don't talk about this to anyone else.' I said sternly.

'Ok bhai.' he said and took Vamika into his hands and began walking away. I took one last glimpse of her. I know for a fact that I won't get to see her from this close again.

She resembles her father so much.  Had her father not ruined the beautiful friendship we had, I would have not let anyone else to even lay a finger on her now. I would have been with her all the time.

I walked back to my room.

'Where were you,Ro?' asked Rithika.

'I went on a walk with Shreyas.'

'Why is your face like that. You put the same face when the chef spoils your food.' she said.

'I am normal.' I said.

'I am your wife, Ro. Go tell your lies to someone else. ' she said patting my shoulder.

'I met Vamika. She was in my lap for atleast ten minutes.' I blurted out.

'What? How did that happen?' she asked. I explained everything to her.

'You know, she looks so much like Virat.'

'I know, I played with her a few times.' she said.

'Dada.' said Sammy and came hugging me.

I lifted her in air and kissed her cheek.

You are enough for me Sammy. You and Rits are my entire world. Neither do I need Virat nor his daughter. I love you two the most. I love only you two. I don't need anyone else.

___________________________________________

A/N:

1.))  Before I updated chapter six, the views on my story were 970 and before I could thank you guys for 1 k views, it's already 1.43 K now. The views have increased by 400 in just two days. Thanks a lot for that guys❤️

2.)) Also tell me what do you think of the chapter's length. Not only this one but all the chapters of this story. Do you think the length is fine or want me to write more in each chapter?

I, as a reader would really get bored of lengthy chapters. Anything above 1500 words to be specific. And I usually prefer chapters with 1000-1300 words. So keeping that in mind I am writing my stories also in the same way. But is it ok with you guys or you want any change in it?

3.)) Do anyone of you have an idea of how the notifications in Wattpad work? It's so confusing. When I checked them in December, notifications would be stored for a month. But today when I scrolled down, the last notification was of 17th Jan. What's happening?? If any of you have an idea about how the notifications work, pls pls pls DM me.

4.)) That's it for today. Hope you guys liked the chapter. Pls vote and comment.
We'll meet again on 29th Jan, 10:00 a.m
Stay safe and happy.
❤️❤️❤️

P S. I forgot to introduce my boyfriend 😋
Thats why I unpublished it and publishing again.