19. Reconciliation💙

Virat's POV:

I felt a heavy pain in my chest. I didn't know where I was or how did I reach here. I tried opening my eyes but failed. Except for the pain in my chest, I didn't feel any other organs in my body.

Is this called as Coma? Or did I pass away? Shut up Virat, if you are dead you can't feel the pain. But who said so? Nobody has ever spoken about death with experience. How would anyone know what's it's like after death.

After trying for so much and after many futile attempts, I finally opened my eyes. To my utter shock, I saw Ro holding my hand and sleeping. This is definitely not real. Did I really die and go to heaven. And is this an illusion to reward me for being a good man. If not an illusion why would he be here. Why would Ro be with me?

Slowly after some time I started feeling his touch. I could finally move my hand.
'Ro' I mumbled. There was no response. I slapped his hand with my right hand which he cupped between his hands. Still there was no response. Frustrated, I pinched his hand but still he didn't budge.

Right, he's Ro, the kumbhakaran. Why is he gonna wake up?

I patiently waited for so long and he had finnally woke up.

'Are your eyes open?' he asked me.

'Yes.' I mumbled.

'Kya?' he asked and came closer.

'Yes.'

'Speak a bit louder. Why are you whispering?'

Did you see what position I am in, Idiot!

'Are you here for real, Ro?' I asked him.

'Yes I am'

'Why?'

'Because you are dying. And in your last moments, I want us to spend time together.' he said with a serious face.

'What? Am I really dying?' I asked.

'Yes. If not why do you think I am gonna come to you.'

'Right. When am I dying?'

'Is that a match, to know the exact date?'

I didn't know how to react to him. I had no words to say.

'Virat?' he called me.

'Yes.'

'I was joking.' he said with a dead pan face.

'What?'

'You are not dying idiot. It's just a rib fracture.' he said trying hard to control his laugh.

'Then why are you here?' I asked him with a glint of hope, expecting him to say that he forgived me.

'I want to give our friendship a second chance.'

'What?' I wanted to hear him say that again.

'What happened that night could have been resolved by sorting things out. I have unnecessarily dragged it for this long. I should have considered your constant approches to mend our relation.' he said.

'It was my mistake for not being there for you when you needed me. I was so used to tease you and you being there for me always. I am really sorry for not being able to understand you well. Irrespective of how I behaved or what I said, I always loved you and will always love you.' I said.

'I was so disappointed with you that night. All those words have come out of disappointment and anger but not hatred.'

'Mine too. I couldn't bear those accusations you put on me. Honestly, I didn't have an answer. And hurling abuses was the only way I found to deviate the matter. And I took it so far. I crossed all the limits then.'