Chapter 5.6

| Alana |

One week.

It's been exactly one week since Cameron laid his hands on me. Things have been much ... better since then, surprisingly. Although I was scared shitless of him the first day everything went down... after he told me everything; and I mean everything that was wrong with him, I wasn't as scared anymore. I only sympathized for him.

*Flashback*

"Lana?"

"Leave me alone, Cam; please.. my face hurts and my neck hurts so much, just leave me alone" I wiped my nose with the back of my hand before pulling the covers over my head more. I closed my eyes tight so that the tears would take the hint and sprint out. I was tired of holding them back.

"I'm so sorry, Lana.. but you gotta believe me, that wasn't me down there" I opened my eyes underneath the covers to roll them to the max. Did he think he hit me that hard? I don't have amnesia.

"Please.. just hear me out" I felt the bed shift then the cover was being pulled off of me. My reflexes kicked in and I immediately brought my knees up to my head and buried my face in them to protect myself for what was next.

"I'm not gonna hurt you, Lana.. just come here" I didn't move or uncurl myself from the tight fetal position I was in. Instead, I just buried my head into my knees further.

"Alana.. please" he didn't wait for me to ignore him again when he gently pulled my body into his. I was reluctant at first and tried to roll away, but when he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my hair; I gave in.

"Why did you do it?"

"It wasn't me.. you should know that I would never hit or hurt you-"

"So why did you do it?" I asked a little louder than the first time then tried to pull away from him but he only held me closer.

"I have DID, Lana.. Diss-"

"Dissociative Identity Disorder" I whispered lowly as I started putting things together. That's why he was calling himself 'Eric'..

I slowly but surely broke free from the embrace he had me in then looked over to him with squinted eyes. I was still trying to process this. I've come across people with this disorder only a few times at the Rehabilitation Hospital. Only a few though; the ones who were so.. 'turned' out that they've tried injuring themselves or tried hurting others but only ended up hurting themselves in the end.

"I'm sorry.. I should of told you a long time ago, but I didn't feel the need to, I thou-"

"didn't feel the need to? I have a daughter, Cam! What if- if.. that.. um, that other side of you been telling Paris things? What if you ended up hitting her instead of me!"

"It wasn't me hitting you, Lana! Damn.. can you just listen? That 'other' side of me ain't been telling Paris nothing, aight? I kn-"

"How would you know?! You didn't even know that you were hitti-"

"Cause it just came back! The voices.. they just came back yesterday.."

"How long have they been present" he wouldn't look at me as he tried to gather his thoughts so I guided his face back up to mine with my index finger.

"Five years. I haven't heard, let alone do anything stupid because of them.. it's more like one voice.. the one that uh.." he started coughing like a bitch while I only rolled my eyes