Chapter 3.8

Chris |

"Yes, Chris. I took Paris around my FRIEND! You hear that word? FRIEND!" she tried to turn away but I grabbed her by her wrist and pulled her to me, applying light pressure.

"I don't want you and Paris around him, you hear me?" I tightened my grip on her wrist with each word I said. I knew she was in pain but she kept her face hard and her eyes locked on mine.

"Okay, Chris" she responded lowly and I had to blink like six times. She just said okay? Alana just backed down? I must be dreaming.

"H-huh?"

"I said okay! I won't bring Paris around him" I was about to release her arm but I realized that she didn't agree to my whole demand.

"Aight. I don't want you around him eith-" her loud laughter cut me off from finishing and I had to wait for her to contain herself. I didn't see what the joke was. Five whole minutes later she finally finished laughing and was wiping underneath her eyes with her free hand.

"You done now?" I asked, my voice drenched in annoyance

"Yeah, damn.. you funny" she laughed a little bit more then her face went serious "can you let go of me now? And give me my phone?" she wiggled her arm, trying to break free from me.

"I'm not fucking around with you, Alana, I don't want you anywhere ne-"

"I don't give a fuck what you want though, Chris" she snapped, cutting me off yet again. I don't know how hard I was clenching my jaw but it must have been pretty damn hard because my bottom teeth started to hurt.

"Is everything alright?" I heard Andrea's voice but I just kept my glare down at Alana, she kept up the staring match then looked down at her hand. I kissed my teeth before slowly letting her go and went to sit back on the couch.

I watched her walk over to Andrea and they exchanged a few words before Alana disappeared upstairs and I got up to go after her but Andrea stopped me.

"Look, Chris.. don't be mad at Lana" I rolled my eyes before crossing my arms across my chest. She might be her best friend and all but this shit ain't concern her.

"She didn't even know that I was taking her and Paris to see Drew, she ju-"

"Hollup. You took them?" my body heat was rising up again and I think she could feel the temperature in the room change because she took one big step back from me.

"Uh, yeah.. he wanted to meet with Ala-"

"Well tell the nigga that Alana don't want shit to do with him. She got a child to worry bout, you hear me?!" I ain't even mean to bark at the poor girl but just the topic of this nigga made me so vicious. I saw fear take over her eyes for about a second before they changed to a dark shade of brown.

"I ain't yo' messenger, Chris. So if you got something to tell DREW then I recommend you tell him yourself" she spat before pushing past me. I snapped my head around to watch her as she walked into the kitchen. Did this bitch lose her mind?

"You don't have to be my messenger to tell the nigga what I said. Since you could bring Alana and my daughter up to se-"

"Why are you still talking to me? If you haven't noticed, I'm dressed and on my way to school. You cool and all, and I don't have a problem with you.. but I could give a fuck less about what you just said" she flipped her hair to one side before reaching for an apple off the counter. She was just like damn Alana.

"If you want a place to stay you bet-" this time she didn't cut me off by talking, but her soft laughter filled the kitchen.

"Boy bye, tell Alana I'm gone" she said in between laughter before pushing past me, yet again. I waited for the front door to be slammed before banging my fists on the counter. I don't know why I was even making this shit get to me. Alana wasn't going to have no interaction with this nigga, one way or another.