Chapter 07

When he left the bedroom, dressed in fresh clothes and feeling better after his shower, TK almost immediately found himself breathless when he came face-to-face with Carlos.

He was determined to see him; after all, they were in the same house and they were both adults. Carlos had helped him in a way TK wasn't expecting, and it had made him feel... Well, he preferred not to think more on how it made him feel to know that Carlos, the love of his love, the sexiest guy he'd ever met, had his shirt plastered to his body, soaked jeans, and had got in the shower with him.

His body would have reacted very quickly if he'd been feeling well. But, then, if he'd been feeling well, Carlos wouldn't be there, prepared to catch a cold to keep TK from having a panic attack in the shower.

Luckily, since Carlos had been behind him, TK hadn't had the chance to get a good look at him, and he was too tired to let himself be carried away by what his ex's body had made him feel.

He was calmer now, so he had to find him and thank him for being there when he, too, should be resting. For worrying about him, like always. Just because they weren't together and their interactions these past months had been particularly tense, it didn't mean that they couldn't be adults, nor that TK couldn't thank Carlos for everything.

But there he was, coming out of a room dressed in TK's jeans and TK's hoodie, both too small for him, the pants slightly short but perfectly shaped for his ass... TK shook his head to stop looking at Carlos's perfect ass, though it was difficult not to stare, with the hoodie outlining a body he adored.

He found himself speechless, stuck in place, with the paleness of his cheeks rapidly disappearing. He didn't want to look in a mirror any time soon; he knew that he'd gone entirely red.

"Are you feeling better?" Carlos asked, sounding especially calm, as if nothing had happened. As if, for Carlos, having him naked in the shower had meant nothing.

"Yeah, thanks," rasped TK. "It's just that sometimes...I still have these low moments that I can't control. I feel useless when I have so many people all around me. You shouldn't have come, seriously."

"Ty. I meant what I said in the shower. We're not together, but you're still one of the most important people in my life."

For a second, Carlos lost that composure and calmness. His armour dropped for a moment when his gaze met TK's, and the paramedic could see the care and love that Carlos had always shown him when they were together and TK had appeared with one worry or another.

"It's still there," TK thought, and he had to contain his smile.

"Same to you, you're recovering from a serious operation too, and I have my parents and Enzo here."

"If it hadn't been for your dad, I wouldn't have known how you were."

"My dad made you come?"

"No, your dad..." Carlos looked around him to make sure that they were alone and that he wouldn't put his foot in it if Owen was near. "Your dad feels bad for not being there when the accident happened. I do too... I should have been closer, we all should have worried about you more these days."

"Hey, Carlos. Tell me you'll stay for dinner."

They both turned to find Gwyn had appeared.

"After everything you just did, the least I can offer you is a home-cooked family meal."

"Yeah, of course."

TK didn't pay too much attention to his mom, keeping his gaze fixed on Carlos. He missed him so much that the only thing he wanted was to break through the barrier separating them and take his hand. There was so much sadness in Carlos's eyes, and knowing that the people who mattered to him were feeling bad was one of the few things TK couldn't stand, especially when he knew that, in one way or another, it was his fault.