'Get out of the car.' He tutted, then reached down to get the bag. I was faster and clung onto the flimsy, plastic handles with whatever dignity I had left. He looked up to me, shaking his head and sighing faintly. He moved out of the way so that I could step out.

I couldn't be sure what was more awkward, being in this situation, or being caught in this situation. Because I know all to well that no matter how much I resist, they would find the embarrassing contents in this bag.

Some may say that I should stop being so obstinate, but standing here with so little restored faith, makes a person feel mortified. 

Especially when two people, part of one of the most admired, powerful families in New York are staring a poor, hormonal, girl down. I couldn't let my emotions get the best of me, I needed to keep my poker face in tact, and I needed to somehow convince them that the items in this bag were not at all bad or dangerous.

It was windy, and my jumper wasn't doing an amazing job at keeping me toasty. The plastic bag was whistling against the force of the air, it was silent apart from that.

'It's not drugs.' I said before I could even stop myself. My own eyes widened, and my face creased in confusion. Had I really said that? Outloud. 'You probably didn't even suspect that, that wasn't sense speaking right there. Usually when I think such absurd things, I stop myself before vocalizing, but today was an exception for some reason. Just know, that there is nothing illegal in my bag, I just want to keep it private. I wouldn't have bought Claude along if I planned to do something stupid, and I certinaly wouldn't have bought my phone.' I rambled and explained at the same time, half of my words were completely unnecessary.

'I understand that your privacy is important to you, but since the others went for business this morning, I'm in charge.' Rocco casually explained, as if we weren't just in the middle of nowhere, freezing to the maximum. It was also very clear that he didn't take my words into consideration, even his response showed that he really did not care about understanding my privacy.

'What more do you need to know? I have made it very clear that there is nothing that you wouldn't approve of in this bag, unless you were a schizoid.' I shrugged, and pulled the bag closer to me again. 'Besides, I'm embarrassed.'

'Fucking hell Alessa. Stop being so stubborn, and show him what's in the bag.' Dante neared me, with the unlit cigarette in his mouth. Gosh, how many of them does he smoke a day, his lungs must be as black as the night sky. 'Man, what was the point of even coming here. We could have done this at home.'

'No.' Rocco said with his arms crossed. 'That's where she wants to go, we are not going back until I know what she was trying to buy.' 

'Yeah fine, but I'm sitting in the car.' He rolled his eyes, and opened the passenger side door. It was obvious that I was also cold, and by the stare that I received from Rocco, I could tell that he saw it too. My fists were tightly clenched around the handles of the bag, trying to hold onto any warm air that I may have collected.

He sighed, seeing the state of me. Then nodded to the car, signalling for me to get in quickly. Giving me a look indicating that I should listen to him right now before he changes his mind.

The car was still warm when I got in, and thank goodness for it. My hands were going numb from gripping the bag so tightly, and I'm sure that my eyes had frozen open from how wide I kept them during the time that we were outside.

Rocco stayed out for a little longer, typing a message on his phone. Probably notifying the household that I was safe and alive, maybe throwing in my irresponsibility here and there.

Dante hardly acknowledged me once I got in the car, I wasn't expecting much anyways, I have very little communication with him. It's obvious he likes his personal business, and I like mine. However, although we don't speak as often, he always seems to get involved with an affair of mine, exactly when I don't want him to.