「Phase 124」That Marionette, Now Freed

Depuis le début

"I... have not noticed anything in particular. Sorry."

"That's okay! Thank you for answering."

Kotone looked down at the ribbon tied around her wrist. A gift Mai had gotten the three back before she announced her departure...

Some grabbed onto her shoulders.

"Actually, Mai-chan," Hinata started, "Kotone-chan has a performance in a few days! You should totally come - I'm sure it'd even move her android heart!"

"Android?" Sachiko muttered and Mai's expression lit up.

"You do?"

"Affirmative. As part of an advertisement campaign for perfume I am the image girl of."

"Even though she can't smell anything!" Hinata added on with a grin.

"Correct."

"That's amazing, Kotone-chan!"

"...Thank you. It's all thanks to everyone's support."

"She was nervous at first," Tsubaki explained, "Even more nervous than she was back at that one smoothie audition - hey, remember that? Fun times - and she kept clinging onto that ribbon you gave her."

"She was acting just like you," Hinata added and Kotone looked down.

"Really?"

"Mhm! And then there was Tsubaki's movie - it was actually pretty good, even if sappy."

"Like you're one to talk. Have you even seen how you act around Akira-chan?" Tsubaki asked and Hinata pouted.

"That's real life. I'm talking about a movie." She smiled again. "But you know, being able to actually date Akira-chan is like a dream! Being the Celestial Star is fun too."

"That's only because you try to push half your actual work onto me."

"Only half! Not that long ago I would have got you to do it all. And anyway, I've been able to interact with the first-years too - they're so cute."

"You sound just like Fuyuki-senpai."

"But they are cute! And they listen to my advice and admire me and everything. I feel so powerful."

Mai giggled. "They are, aren't they?" She turned to Sachiko. "What about you?"

"I've already told you basically everything. I've not really done anything extraordinary this year."

"I'm sure you have."

"There's not much left to achieve after fully blooming, is there?" Sachiko asked. "But... I don't entirely hate it like this. I just do the same as always."

"You'll find something new soon," Mai said, "I'll do my best to make sure Aikatsu stays exciting forever!"

Sachiko chuckled. "That's not your responsibility."

"I want to help out in any way I can."

Once again, Kotone looked at the ribbon on her wrist.

"These new idols are the future of stardom."

"I wonder..." She muttered under her breath, as the other four continued to discuss.

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

That night, Kotone walked through the academy. It was virtually silent, as most were already asleep at a time like this. Whilst it was initially difficult for Kotone to comprehend that humans were unconscious for half a day, along with that being somehow beneficial, she quickly found other ways of entertaining herself during those hours. From stealing practice rooms to reading books, to researching into every idol in the school, or even to singing early in the morning, Kotone had many different ways to take advantage of these typically quiet times before breakfast or her first job of the day.