it aches

Hastily stepping into my rented flat, I wasn't able to hold back - rushing into the kitchen, I got the food out of paper bags and started preparing the meal.

As soon as my needs were fullfilled, I hopped onto the bed and happily wrapped myself with blankets, taking a comfortable position.

My eyes fell on a notification "1 new message" as I turned my phone on. Immediately I pressed on it and was plesantly surprised.

It was Derek. Just Derek. We met at a school concert and he was the only person I could talk to during my last year. We didn't share a lot of interests, but communication between us flourished instantly.

It was a single "hey", accompanied by a meme.

Tapping my fingers on the screen, I fell into our dialogue straight away. After such stressufl day this conversation was just what I needed. It wasn't demaning at all, we both were chill and completely absorbed by each other. To be honest, I viewed Derek as the only person who was genuinely concerned about my well-being which made me filled with warmth every time we talked to each other.

Time went by incredibly quickly, my glace shifted to the clock; I suddenly realised it was way past my bedtime. Conversations with Derek, even over text, always left me with an uplifting feeling of importance and messed up sleep schedule.

2am

How the actual-

"Sorry, mate. I really have to go rn :( "

"Alright, see you tomorrow 👋"

Yea. Tomorrow.

I also had to wash my uniform which I apparently haven't done. It still had entire 9 hours to dry up before I wear it, so I decided not to put it off.

Getting into the blankets was the best thing in the world. But to my great frustration, my consciousness didn't have the intent to doze off. Just as usual.

Waking up, I rushed to the shower in fear of not only being late but smelling badly. The breakfast was better than yesterday's - it filled me with energy to hope for the better. Besides, I even took a look at a forecast, dressing warmly enough to make my way to the diner agreeable.

At Fredbear's, an odd guy was instructing me on what to do all day, I thought no one had an actual desire to work at all. It's just a job, eventually. It's supposed to be like that. You do boring senseless stuff which quality no one pays attention to even if you kill yourself on it, then you get scolded like a damn kid because you weren't told even more senseless stuff and now you're holding on your back, whishing to rest 3 meters in the ground.

Secretely I wished for William to appear, at least for a second. This simple fact would make my shift a bit more bearable. Helping Henry out also seemed nice, but I've got other things to care about in the first place.

No, there were no men who could brighten up my day. I'm not in a position to complain, though. Leaving, I said my goodbyes to a couple of young people who stayed until closure and breathed in fresh air. I got lucky today, didn't have much of a desire to stay until they're closed.

Despite the first working day wasn't fun, the evening could compensate it quite well. The corners of my mouth curled happily as a notification popped on my screen.

"Hey, watcha doing?"

"Planning a crime"

We talked and talked, but this time I had to control the situation, going to sleep at 11pm.

Dreaming about another body's warmth next to mine helped me fall alseep and surprisingly, I could say I had a good rest that night. In the morning I treated myself with a ricotta croissant, a mug of delicious coffee and even a little exercise session, feeling a material girl. Today simply had to be better.

No. It didn't turn out this way.

No rest, no time to finish snacks, bye nails, no lightning bulbs in appropriate condition, no decent attitude from kids, even less respect from their parents, no headache pills because I'm an idiot, no William.

Gosh, I'm doing this not for the sake of seeing this man. He almost possessed me; my eyes searched for his oddly attractive frame every time I changed locations.

Yea, you almost got me hooked, Afton! I'm not a schoolgirl (well, I haven't gotten far from it, but still).

Maybe it was just his usual behavior? You shouldn't get your hopes so high, Y/N.

An intelligent, captivating man with striking appearance, and this again.

Sitting in a locker room and shrugging my shoulders painfully, I rested there for another couple of minutes. I felt like I was fucked hard, my back ached like a bitch. A door creaked, and messy dark brown locks could be detected in the doorway. Spotting my figure, the man gasped, turning away politely.

- Oh, sorry Y/N, I thought everyone left.

- It's alright, I've changed already.

- What are you doing here? It's past your shift, - William peered inside the small accomodation.

- Oh, nonsense, - a soft murmur escaped my lips as I made an unsuccessful attempt to stand up.

My legs went limp, why now?! Pathetic.

Hurriedly, he walked in my direction, wrapping his slim arms around my torso, causing me to curdle. My exhausted body tensed up as his icy palms caressed my waist lightly, most likely unintentionally. He was surprisingly strong. Strong enough to break me, perhaps, if he wanted to.

A light blush of embarrassment crawled up my cheeks; Afton lifted me up as if I was a helpless child.

Bittersweet.

- Thank you, you shouldn't have, - my palms landed on his upper arms aimlessly.

Oh my

The next second I couldn't break away from his mesmerising features. In all honesty, he looked unalive which was not conventionally attractive. Messy hair, circles under his reddened eyes, little deepening wrinkles - all of it gave off an impression of him not sleeping in days.

- Are you feeling alright?

Are you?

What was that? A shadow of worry ran across his face which made my heart melt - he was adorable. I'm guessing he's a huge asshole, especially of a boss, but adorable.

- Sure, I'm better now, - my lips formed a soft smile and I gazed up into his eyes.

The act was simple and didn't have anything behind it, though the man's face suddenly lost its expression as he stood motionless.

While William's hands were still resting at my frame, I spoke again.

- I have to be going. Have a good evening, Mr. Afton, - cautiously stepping back, I headed towards the exit.

- You too, Y/N. Be careful and don't fall on your way home, - he added half-jokingly.

What was that for?!

What did he even forget there? Gosh, the last thing I want is to be considered a wimp. The moment was undeniably pleasurable, though. From all of the things I was concerned about, I definitely knew that for the rest of the days I will have to perform my duties splendidly.

"Don't fall on your way home", bruh!

As my strength left me, I could only send Derek a meme before dozing off, hugging a pillow. Finally, my back will get a good rest.