job introduction

- So tell me, Y/N, why would you like to work with us?

Oh fuck.

- Your place is truly unique. I believe it would be even better with more staff around. A great amount of kids and parents attend the diner, so an even bigger amount of people is needed to provide the customers with appropriate service which I would enjoy doing. A positive atmosphere is one of the most important things which causes both clients and emloyees to make profit for the company — ones come back, while the others are eager to work.

As I spoke, my eyes were lowered, but I felt Mr. Afton's heavy gaze on myself. For a split second he seemed to be smirking.

- I understand this clearly and am willing to contribute to the cause enjoyable to both sides.

Lifting my eyes bravely, I found a content expression on William's face. Shifting my glance to the side, I also noticed Mr. Emily smiling. Somehow this moment made me embarassed.

- That's excellent! What do you think, Will?

- I'm also delighted to hear that, miss, - his eyes were sparkling, a charming smile forming on his face. It was only now that I let myself appreciate his velvety voice and smile shyly, fidgeting my fingers.

- Alright then, - Henry exclaimed proudly, - welcome to the family!

Wow, they really are in a desperate need.

- Will, mate, would you give her a tour and explain stuff? I've got something urgent to do.

- Sure, no problem, - the man said turning to his friend.

Mr. Emily got up and hurried towards the exit. Before leaving, his hand landed on my shoulder, patting it firmly.

- Congrats once again! See you guys later.

It has always been uncomfortable, being left one-on-one with a stranger, especially when it was a man. Amazingly, this time I felt less nervous but more fascinated by the person behind the desk. As William stood up, I quickly took note of his lanky frame. Not complaining in any way, of course.

- Let's go, Y/N. I'll show you the place, - he opened the door for me in a gentlemanly gesture which filled my stomach with butterflies. He soon followed me out. As we moved through the corridors, he spoke.

- First of all, the company is famous for its animatronics which were constructed by Mr. Emily and myself.

We came across a room, presumably in the back of the building. It was filled with various animaatronics parts, scattered all over desks. William turned on the lights and headed towards the tables.

- Please, come closer, - he picked up an animatronic head and turned it upside down, - do you see these locks? These are springlocks, an indeed wonderful mechanism. They let the animatronics be used as suits. The springlocks push the endoskeleton inside the animatronic back, allowing people to perform in it. It can work independently, of course, just like new ones over here, - he gestured with his hand towards the other, half-assembled series of robots.

- I... I am beyond impressed. It must take great devotion and an immense amount of talent to create something like this. It's a true work of art, Mr. Afton, - I exclaimed, turning my head back to him and meeting his eyes unexpectedly. My amazed gaze and words of affirmation made the corners of William's mouth curl in a sweet smile and he let out a short chuckle.

- I appreciate your kind words, darling. But that's not all, - he placed the animatronic head on the desk, blocking dim lights with his frame and his voice became lower, - if something goes wrong — the springlock comes into contact with moisture, for example, or you will be careless enough to neglect safety measures – that's what will happen, - Afton's slender fingers found a tiny wheel and turned it gently.