Ch 19. Jeongguk

It's plumbing. Taehyung stares at the wall. Stares at the end of his socks, his hands, his parents. He looks everywhere but at Hyun. Taehyung shuts his ears, tries to act like the person in front of him never existed in the first place.

And he begins to feel. He wants to return to the senseless move because anything is better than this. Anything is better than feeling anything now.

"Come on dear take a seat, I made your favorite tonight"

"I'm okay- I will eat later. I have some homework to do" He blurts, doesn't know what he's talking about.
Tries to gather his feet to move but his hands are shaking so hard that Jeongguk's jacket goes flying to the floor and before he has a chance to reach for it, Hyun is already fast enough.

"Let me help you with-"

"No!" Oh god, oh god. "I-I mean- thank you, but i've got it"

Before anyone, his mom's cautions eyes, dad's concerned frown and Hyun's prying hands has a chance to stop him, Taehyung's already running out the kitchen. He's trying, but he feels like his body isn't moving fast enough. He gets up, moves around before he disappears into his room.

He feels like he's suffocating. Like he'll sink into the floor and be swallowed whole any second.

Taehyung tries to hold on, but he doesn't hold on hard enough before his breath seeps in and the door is flying open.

He turns, beckons his head.

"Your parents told me to check up on you" Hyun's voice is gravelly, when he speaks his words are slurred together into a mocking mess.

Taehyung forgets how to breathe for a split second. He exhales out through his nose. Nails digging into his skin when he takes a step back. "H-hyun I swear to god- if you don't get out right now I will call on my parents" he shakes out, hisses and Hyun doesn't seem bothered.

He takes a step closer.

And he has the audacity to look irritated "Calm down, I won't be doing anything to you under your parents roof"

His gaze turn at the shadow of the boy's neck and though he can't see the hickies covered, he knows they're there. Taehyung notices and he takes a deep shuddered breath, tries to steel his nerves before he takes a further step back.

He only ever knows how to let trust leak out from the marrow of his skin and his insides are a burning fire of nerves, they never plan on doing him good.

"Get out-" Taehyung mutters. "Please, I beg you get out of my room"

Hyun smiles coyly when Taehyung takes a further step back.

"I just want to talk, why are you so scared?" he replies with a dramatic scoff and continues to have that tremendous smile on his lips.

He steps closer, gives Taehyung a once over and bites his bottom lip before a pleasing sound making a place in the back of his throat.

But it moves back to the leather jacket clutched between Taehyung's fingers.

Taehyung remembers that sour look on his face, he remembers it to well.

Hyun doesn't even hesitate when he daintily yanks the jacket out of Taehyung's hands with tearing fingers painted enticing.

"Don't touch that! it's-"

"What? it's Jeongguk's? the kid who won't do you good anytime soon" Hyun replies curtly.

He takes another drag look over the jacket and Taehyung watches the jacket burn, flicks under his gaze "You know, this may be the last thing you have left of him when he returns back to juvie"