Ch 11. Hyun

"Something definitely isn't right"

"Totally"

Jin's offense dies on his lips behind hoseok's comment when they kept staring at Jeongguk. Their eyes flicker from the boxer, in his favorite sweatpants, grey and notorious to his black tee.

To his leaned back state against namjoon's worn out garage couch and back to his closed eyes.

And back again. They sigh in unison. eyes growing in a trudged manner when they stare the boy down. "Is he taking drugs? when I saw him drive that ballet dancer home yesterday i didn't believe my eyes!"

Hoseok exclaims in a quiet manner to not wake up the mentioned.

"Right? He doesn't let anyone ride his motorbike! not even me and i'm his closest friend"

Hoseok looks at Jin with a perfectly on point expression of a disappointed father. "I have known him longer, what the hell are you talking about?"

"That doesn't even matter when he likes my company better than your boring shit"

"You fuc-

"I don't like either one of you, so shut the fuck up and let me sleep"  Jeongguk muttered. Throws an arm over his eyes in hope it would, in a mysterious way throw back their bickering in the garage.

Hoseok quickly killed his cigarette on the table and smirks, jin merely followed along because messing with Jeongguk was their favorite hobby.

"So Jeongguk, when will you let me ride your motorcycle?"

"Shut up hoseok" Jeongguk only rolls his eyes, he sits up instead after his fail attempt of sleep, back up against the concrete wall and took the lighter from the other to ignite his own cigarette between his fingers.

But a further smirk grows on his friends face, settled on Jeongguk. And he was having none of it.

"I saw you give that Taehyung kid a ride home yesterday. He's pretty, you wouldn't mind me-"

"You finish that sentence and I'll rip you a new one."

Jeongguk cuts him off in a warning tone.

Hoseok whistles, his eyebrows raised. finding this more amusing than he probably should "Never seen you get that worked up over someone"

"The fuck are you on? I would care less for a rich brat like him" Jeongguk mutters. Like he'd ever be caught dead in a damn space with a blonde boy who probably likes baking fucking cookies in his spare time.

Kim Taehyung wasn't someone Jeongguk would care less about, Taehyung who only smiled so softly, with a little annoying sparkle in his eye. And that stupid nickname.

Ggukie

The nickname had been straining his ears and it was goddamn frustrating the way it left his lips. He let the smoke fill his lungs before blowing out a stream. His hand running through his dark strands.

Hoseok fixes him with a stare. Watches
Jeongguk grab his gym bag, throwing a pair of bandages inside for training.  And a dark hoodie over his head.  His head lilts in a strong skepticism.

He would believe him, Jeongguk. That he does in fact care less about anyone. After the years they had spent together he knew that very well.

But that was the problem. Jeongguk doesn't give someone a ride home, wouldn't care to get so worked up over someone and stress his hair off in such a manner that he wouldn't even notice how much he's grumbling over a single boy.

Jeongguk has never had a partner quite like them, who goes out of his way to spend more than just a few hours with someone when they are out.

And initially, he's always been like that, having no interest in being bound with anyone because no one is ever that good without an ulterior motive. He likes it with no strings attached.