chapter 13

I didn't really understand what she meant by having some kind of relation  with this family before , i just came here days ago , why would i have ?

" I have no idea what you're talking about " i mumbled making nessa stand up and simply said " never mind " she tried to walk but she couldn't , Paul helped her and slowly walked away .

" 30 minutes to look for the money everybody , this game is so simple , so please i want a lot of winners " Elijah spoke to everyone here . And they all started going in the house , i stood there with Elijah outside , he offered me a glass of wine which i gladly took . The view was beautiful , seeing the city all the way up here really took my mind off of my problems , while i was thinking , i remembered the day me and draken went to that house , that's when i saw Elijah for the first time but this is not what i was thinking about , the moment we arrived , a girl opened the door for us and huged draken , i was very confused what would a pure soul like hers do in that house .

" Elijah ? There's something i couldn't understand " i asked while staring at him .

" Spill the tea , what's the problem ? " He politely spoke .

" Who's that little girl ? The one who was in that house the other day "

" Lexi , there's few things you still don't understand , that girl is my sister's daughter , and yes , we have a sister , actually we have two , the first one just left her daughter here , with no explanation at all , Eva , the girl thinks I'm her father even tho i told her many time I'm her uncle , but she kept believing I'm her dad , maybe because i was there for her every time she needed me , i took a really good care of her and never made her feel lonely " he signed as he took a sip of the wine .

" She mentioned dead babysitters , why ?" I questioned confused .

" I killed them , they were all working for kai , and ofc i would never let her in danger " he took a sip again .

" And what about the other sister " he stopped drinking the moment i said that , he seems so lost in his thoughts , but he actually answered .

" the other one ? She's ...... She's gone , she's draken's twin sister , a year ago she and another girl had a car accident , it wasn't just like any kind of accident , the car fell from the top of the tower to the lake ,they couldn't get out of it until draken came to rescue , my sister told him to save the girl first and then her , but those were her last Moments , the girl survived and my sister saved her life"

I dropped my glass from the shock i got that moment , Elijah noticed that and asked me if I'm okay but he quickly turned and said " now you know why you're alive " a tear dropped from my eyes knowing that I'm alive because of that girl .

Flashback :

Me , my sister and her friend Hayley went to the beach , we had such an amazing day , playing , eating sandwiches and swimming , Hayley was a nice person , she and i actually are friends now , even tho she's older than me , While we were just talking , Hayley's phone just rang and she picked up , i can see how she was really concerned and lost while she was on her phone , she quickly told us that her brother called and he wants her to come , we were pretty upset cuz we got to leave now , in that moment Hayley had a car so we didn't worry about driving us back , and also my sister in that time had a boyfriend which he also had a car , my sister wanted to leave with her boyfriend alone so they can have their time together and i didn't mind going with Hayley , here we are driving away  , it was already dark outside , me and Hayley kept talking , and we didn't notice the dog that was standing in the middle of the road ، she turned the car to the right trying to avoid hitting the Dog , but she totally forgot about the lake under this bridge , so the car could not help but to fall into it . We were both trying to break the windows but it was impossible , the view of seeing the water getting in and slowly rising was terrifying , and after few seconds we are not breathing anymore .

I woke up to see myself in the hospital , my mom , my dad and my sister were sitting next to me , the moment they saw me waking up they all huged me crying , it was pretty hard to remember what happened but i clearly did . I immediately asked them about Hayley but they didn't answer , they just kept staring in silence , when finally my sister spoke , and said that Hayley died and she couldn't survive . The astonishment was evident on my face , how could she have died in such a horrible way . And why i had to survive instead of her ?

" Someone saved you and not her " my mom mumbled and added " but he never showed himself , just called the help and vanished " i was so shocked how fast this happened , how we were having fun and just found myself here and she's not alive anymore .

Me and my family searched for her family to at least be there at her funeral but we couldn't since she never spoke about her family or montioned where she lives .

Back to the present :

I can't believe that Hayley is draken's twin sister , and he saved me instead of her a year ago , Elijah didn't say anything just took a sip of the wine " that's why he chose you for this mission , because he already knows you , kinda blamed you that you're the reason out sister is gone "

How is it my fault that she's gone ? I would never let him rescue me if i knew she told him so , i just found myself in the hospital " me and my sister looked for her family but never found you "

Elijah sighed " it's because we didn't want you to know , we just wanted to forget about it " Elijah left and told one of the maids to clean the mess i made , i helped her and then headed inside the house to see how the others are going so far , but i bumped into someone without noticing my steps , when i looked up i saw his face Staring at me deep in my eyes , he can tell that i was crying so he petted my cheeks and slowly leaned closer and whispered in my ear " we need to run away "

" What " i mumbled confused , i can see how serious he was and how he was in a rush , he immediately grabbed my hand and dragged away from the house , i kept asking him where was he taking me but he didn't answer , he told me to enter the car but i refused , he stopped Walking and slowly turned to face with anger on his face " brat , don't make me be so rough with you now , get the fuck in "

He knew i was going in just wanted to know where are we going , he turned on the car and drove away , silence spread inside the car , you know that view of the veins popping out of the men's hand while driving , not forgetting about the rings , that view is taking my mind right now , couldn't focus on anything except his hand . But definitely reminded myself that he's taking me somewhere , probably going to kill and thow me in the river where no one can ever find me .

" Stop staring " he said in an angry tone , i quickly looked away " i wasn't " i mumbled

Draken stopped the car , we are in the middle of nowhere and this place was so scary and dark and you can easily be killed right here . Draken took his seatbelt off and pinned me on the seat , our noses are almost touching , just few inches between us , draken looked at me dead in the eye seeing how scared i was in that moment .

" Give me one good reason why would I keep you alive right now "

Okay 👌 the end 🤠 .