I recognize Denver and one of Lenora's Gammas but there are two unfamiliar women and a man sitting at the table as well.

One of the women is noticeably younger with red curly hair and sharp eyes. She's probably my age. Her painted lips curl up into a smirk when our gazes cross.

The woman beside her has a faint line between her brows and a wariness to her eyes that makes her look older, possibly in her thirties.

Beside her is a man with salt and pepper hair and a truly terribly go-tee.

"Tara," Lenora says, shaking the redhead's hand. "It's a relief to see you. I'm so glad you and Chelisse are safe now."

The woman beside Tara, who I deduce must be Chelisse, stiffens. "We were worried about you all over here when we couldn't get in contact," she says. "We were so worried they'd come and done the same to you." Her eyes flicker to me. "I guess they did worse, in some ways."

I realize that she's referring to my abduction and abuse. Lenora squeezes my hand.

"Tara and Chelisse, this is my mate Emery," she tells them. She nods at the man. "And this is Frank, Tara's Beta."

"Lovely to meet you all," I say, "although I wish it was under better circumstances."

Tara shakes her head with a deep breath. "Us too, believe me."

"How long are you all staying?"

"Just for the night," says Tara, her eyes on Lenora. "We'll head back in the morning."

Lenora nods. "Whatever you're comfortable with. You're welcome to stay as long as you like." She clears her throat. "Emery has to head into town for some errands, so I'm going to walk her out. Please, make yourselves at home."

I smile at the three guests and follow her into the foyer. Lenora turns me to face her, gripping both of my wrists with her long fingers.

"Tara and I have a lot to discuss, but call me if you need absolutely anything, okay?" she says.

I nod. "I will. I'm sorry I have to do this. I don't want to cause you unnecessary stress."

"You are just a magnet for danger. I can't help but worry."

Even though I know she's not wrong, I instinctively scoff.

"Please, be safe, baby girl," she begs. "Come home to me."

"I will," I promise her.

She pulls me flush to her hard body and claims my mouth in a possessive kiss. When she pulls back, she touches my hair with a smirk.

"I'm glad you're marked."

My hand moves to my neck as I touch the spot where she bit me. The skin is slightly raised, probably with scar tissue, but it's sensitive to touch. A flutter of heat courses through me.

Right then, Denver emerges from the kitchen with a key in his hand.

"Denver is taking you into town," she says. "Remember what I said. Call me if you notice anything weird. Okay?"