FOURTEEN

emery

I am fucked.

If the kiss didn't make it clear as day, my response to her demands surely did.

I hate the possessiveness. And I love it. That's how I know I'm going to have a hell of a time escaping this if I ever need to.

For now, I'm enjoying this sexy leather brunette hang up all my pictures. I've been meaning to do it since I moved in weeks ago, but I'm lazy. Also, I just know I'd smash a finger with that hammer.

Lenora lifts the tool and with perfect strength and poise, knocks the nail into the wall. Her jacket lays across my makeshift couch so I have the pleasure of watching her sinewy muscles flex with each motion.

How did I not know I was into girls? Watching her, it's like I've never seen a beautiful thing before. Like I've never been turned on in my life. To be fair, I really hadn't until that first kiss we shared.

"Enjoying yourself over there?" Lenora asks without looking at me.

"Mhmm." I avert my eyes to the steamy mug of coffee in my hands. "Care for some coffee?"

"I'm okay. Coffee makes me crazy."

"Really? How?" I say as I sit on the bed of pillows and cross my legs.

She shrugs. "Just makes me jittery. I always have to go for a run after."

My gaze skims over her trim backside while I imagine her jogging. I actually can't picture it. She moves with the kind of slow swagger that only a badass who gives no fucks can.

Then again, you don't get thighs like those from being a couch potato. Hence, why my thighs jiggle like jello.

"Sounds terrible," I joke. "Coffee gets me going."

"Is that all that does the trick?"

For a second, I just stare at her tight little ass and wonder if she's asking what I think she's asking. Then she looks over her shoulder at me.

Those crystalline eyes pierce right through every thought, feeling, and expectation. She flashes me a smirk.

I blink to snap out of the fog. "Well, coffee and one other thing."

She pauses, arms held mid-air, as she waits. When I say nothing, she turns completely towards me. "And what is that one other thing, baby girl?"

My chest flutters with the pet name. She's the only one who's ever called me that.

I lean forward, pressing my elbows to my knees, gripping the warm mug between my fingers. "Donuts," I whisper.

"Christ." She turns back to the wall and hangs the pictures, hiding her smile from me.

"Just for future reference," I say.

Lenora finishes hanging every single last one of my paintings and photos. She asks me where I got them or who's in them. I realize she knows more about me now than even my friends do. If I can call them that.

After I ditched them yesterday, Calla blew up my phone. She said what I had done was a bad thing and that Deja thought I was a flake. She wanted to know what I could possibly be doing that was so important. If I was actually okay or depressed.

Her string of texts, no matter how rightful or concerned they were, only aggravated me. I never asked to be their friend. Calla was the one who approached me.

Then again, I do enjoy their company. I don't even mind Calla's flirting, but I know Lenora wouldn't be happy about it.

I sneak a glance at her and see she's already staring.