The Jedi, The Boy, and the Sith

Comenzar desde el principio

Ember nodded "The few spaceports like this one are havens for those who do not wish to be found."

Padme spoke up "like us."

R-2 and R-7 whistled back and forth at each other arguing about who knows what, while Jar Jar was freaking out

"Dissen berry berry bad."

The others ignored him as they walked towards some scrap shops

Qui Gon spoke "We'll try one of the smaller dealers" 

An ugly pudgy blue alien flew forward "Hi chuba da naga? (What do you want?)"

Qui Gon smiled pleasantly "I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian."

"Ah yes, ah yes. Nubian. We have lots of that. What kinda junk?" He turned screaming towards the back "Boy, get in here! Now!"

"My droid here has a readout of what we need."

Ember wasnt really paying attention to what Qui Gon and the alien was saying, she felt something. A powerful force signature, as Yoda's padawan she had often went with him to find younglings.

A young boy came running around the corner and the blue alien raised his hand making the child flinch. Ember frowned as she watched the two talk back and forth, she didn't appreciate the way the alien was speaking to the boy.

"Soooo, let me take- a thee out back. Ni you'll find what you need."

Qui Gon went to follow the creature but noticed Jar Jar messing with something, he reached out grabbing it from him "Don't touch anything."

The second Qui Gon's back was turned Jar Jar stuck his tongue out. Ember reached out grabbing his tongue and gave him a dirty look before releasing him.

She turned to look at Padme and raised an eyebrow when she saw the boy staring at her in awe. She smiled how cute the kid had a crush, reminded her of herself when she first met Obi-Wan.

The little boy spoke looking between the Padme and herself "Are you an angel? Are both of you angels?"

Ember laughed as Padme stared in confusion "What?"

"Angels. I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They live on the Moons of Iego I think. They are the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They are good and kind, and so pretty they make even the most hardened spice pirate cry."

Padme looked towards Ember hoping she would know what to say but Ember just smiled, so Padme continued

"I've never heard of angels."

The boy smiled "You must be one..Both of you must be...maybe you just don't know it."

Padme laughed "You're a funny little boy."

Ember leaned her tall frame down to his level "How do you know so much?"

The boy smiled at Ember who he felt strangely comfortable with "Since I was very little, three, I think. My Mom and I were sold to Gardulla the Hutt, but she lost us, betting on the Podraces, to Watto,who's a lot better master than Gardulla, I think."

Ember frowned at the mention of the Hutts, her father had been trying to take down their mob when he had been killed.

Padme interrupted the boy "You're...a slave?

Anakin frowned defiantly "I am a person! My name is Anakin."

Padme looked lost " I'm sorry. I don't fully understand. This is a strange world to me."

Anakin studied her "You are a strange girl to me."

After that Jar Jar managed to make a mess and Ember shook her head wondering to the other side of the shop far from the obnoxious creature. She felt Obi Wan's stress through the bond she reached out trying to see what was bothering him.