Sorry For Long Ass Wait

"Would you still have sex with me even if I was raped?" I asked looking at my hands. " I sat in the bed my legs crossed waiting for his answer. It was a long pause and I looked up to see Maec holding his mouth in, and fiddling with his hands just like me.

"It's alright I understand if you wouldn't." I scooted towards the edge of the bed preparing to get up but I was grabbed by my hips and pulled back towards Maec. My back was to him so I turned myself around. He cupped my cheeked running his thumb back and forth. I could tears on the verge of falling but he help back. He took a deep breath then spoke.

"Desirae, from the bottom of my heart I am sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to protect you. Not because your father asked me to but because it's my job to love you. I failed at protecting you but I promise I will never let it happen again...I also promise I will never fail at loving you. Loving you emotionally, loving you mentally, and loving you physically. What happened to you will never make me look at you differently."

I looked him in his eyes and saw he let go of his thug demeanor and was truly 100% sorry. I took his cheek in my hand and caressed it the way he did mine. "This is not your fault baby..." He cut me off. "Yes it is, but I'm gonna do right by you. I'm gonna find out who did this to you...but I need your help. I need a description, a name you heard being said, what did your surroundings look like" he rambled on. "I think I was in a basement, yea a basement. I felt cement on all sides of me and it was cold and damp. I never left that spot."

Everything that happened started playing in my head, the beatings, the sexual abuse. I felt my throat constricting, my chest was rising and falling frantically but I wasn't getting air. "I can't do this right now" I yelled at Maec over whatever he was saying. He grabbed my inhaler out my dresser and let me calm down.

"I won't make you relive this, I'll find it out another way." He said pulling me into his embrace. I missed this so much. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him. "I missed you too" he chuckled. "Shut up" I said shooing no one in particular. "While you were gone I couldn't help but remember all our fun days, we should go out tomorrow, only if your ready I mean." He said running his fingers through my hair. "Yea, that'll be nice. Where you wanna go?" "How's go cart racing and then to a frozen yogurt shop sound." I nodded my head yes before he attacked my face with wet sloppy kisses.

"You just mad you lost" I laughed at Maec. "I let you win, so chill out." He said pulling me into him. "Whatever punk." We were currently in line of the Frozen Yogurt shop at the mall after coming from racing. "Damn bae, look at that" Maec said pointing at a Lids store. "Which one?" I asked. "Two above that lanky nigga head." He was looking at a turquoise bucket hat with green Palm leaves all over it. "That'd be cute on you." I told him. "I want Mango, Stawberry, Bananna." he said pulling a stack of bills out his pocket. Then slid out the line. "Ugh, this nigga" I ground under my breath.

I ordered the yogurt and was heading over to Maec. He had a bag in his hand and was talking to some tall dude, I think the one that was in front of the hat earlier. I didn't pay him much mind I just walked towards Maec. He stopped talking to pull me into a hug. "Thank you babe," he said placing a kiss on my forehead. "Your welcome." I was about to turn and walk away but he stopped me.

"Hey how do you like this?" He asked sitting his new hat on his head. "I like it, it complements your big ole forehead." I laughed. "Good because I got one for yo big head ahh too" he said placing a matching hat on my head. "We gone be fiya together in these hats bae." I said standing on my tip toes to place a kiss on his lips.

The guy he was talking to cleared his throat making his presence know. I could really careless about him, today was about me and my baby not this fool. But I did the respectful thing and detached my lips from Maec's. "Oh yea, this is my nigga Rio, we go way back" Maec spoke. The name instantly struck fear in my body. Maybe it wasn't the same Rio, but I turned slowly anyway. When I made the full 180 degree turn I was met with the charmingly hideous eyes of the devil himself. "Rio, Desirae...Desirae, Rio." Maec said. "So this is the special little lady huh?"

He said sucking his teeth. He looked at me as if he was pissed but put back on his act before Maec noticed. "Yhup, my little angel, I'm not gonna let her out my grasp ever again." Maec told him. He chuckled and took my hand placing a kiss on it. When his lips met my skin it burned. I snatched my hand back just as fast as he pulled it. "Feisty huh, I'm sure that fire would die down though if you touch her right." He said bluntly. I knew exactly what he meant, and I couldn't stand here and think about it any longer but I just couldn't tell Maec. So I did what I could. I ran...well at least tried but I was snatched back by my waist.

"Aye man, don't talk about ha like that" Maec said bluntly, then turned his attention to me. "What's wrong with you? I understand he disrespected you but you didn't have to snatch your hand away." He whisper yelled. I couldn't stand here with him. I shook my head frantically and tried to leave again but Maec pulled me back once again. "What the fuck Des?" He snapped. I couldn't hold on to it anymore. "It was him Maec, he gave those men the okay to rape me." I yelled drawing a lot attention. I caught Maec of guard and made my run for it.

But as I neared the entrance of Lids I heard a gun cock. "I suggest you turn around and calmly bring your ass back over here." I heard that wicked voice yell. I turned slow and approached Maec but as I neared him Rio said "Nah bring your ass to Daddy." When I was in his reaching distance he gripped my hair pulling me to him and licked the side of my face. "You think you can run away from me, then disrespect me?" He spat. I didn't speak I just let the waterfall of tears cascade down my face. "Answer me stupid bitch!" He yelled. I couldn't speak through the whimpering. The tears blurred my vision but I could still see Maec. "I'm so sorry" I mouthed. "So you continue to disrespect me?" He raised his hand and prepared to bring it down on my face. I was bracing for the impact but it never came. When I opened my eyes Maec was gripping his hand. Rio chuckled. "What the fuck you think you doing lil nigga?" He said to Maec.

"He disregarded him and spoke to me. "Come here Des" he spoke. I moved towards him only to be yanked back by my hair falling to the floor. The people in the store previously were all gone, including the employees. "What the fuck Rio? Why man?" Maec yelled. "Simply because I wanted her" he said nonchalantly. "You kidnap my girl because you wanted her?" He yelled running up on Rio.

He turned the gun to my head "Betta slow your role, or I'll blow her brains out" he said causing Maec to stop moving completely. "Get up bitch" he turned his attention to me. I did as I was told. "I got some for you don't worry" he spat. "Now we are gonna walk out that door" he said pointing to the back. "And your not gonna follow us."