02 - Threatening a terrorist group like another Tuesday

PREVIOUSLY ON: Dawn of New Change

Taeyong is thirteen years-old which is a pretty big deal to him! He's a teen which technically means that he shouldn't be treated like a child. Normally this would come in the form of having leniency towards bedtime, the ability to go out when he wants without anyone looking over his shoulder and some general freedom.

Instead, a new terrorist by the name of Manadrin is starting up some shady business and his dad seems more stressed than ever.

***

Taeyong snickered watching as his father, a literal superhero, ran around with slight panicked movements as he tried to pick out presents for Pepper. "I feel like I should tell him," Taeyong whispered.

"He'll figure it out eventually," Jarvis whispered right back.

Tony looked at Taeyong suspiciously, his eyes narrowed as he looked back down at his tablet. "Wait a minute..." Taeyong snorted. "It's not our anniversary!" he shouted. Taeyong squealed, as his dad picked him up and spun him around. "You little minx," he chuckled, putting him down. Taeyong looked down at his body, wondering how his dad could possibly pick up his much too big body. He was a teenager for god sake!

Tony turned back to the tablet, showing off the custom-made bunny he had been planning to give to Pepper. "At least I don't have to get her anything," he muttered.

Taeyong nodded, "True. S'not like you forgot to get her a Christmas present or anything," he grinned. Skipping away from the Labs. Taeyong chuckled under his breath, when he heard his dad let out a long groan.

Taeyong in the meantime, had run into the kitchen unit of his house and was steadily setting out recipes that he could make in under an hour. "What do you think J?" he asked, fingers skimming the different variety of foods that he could make with the ingredients the kitchen supplied.

"How about a simple pasta dish?" Jarvis asked, "I shall assist you, of course, Sir."

Taeyong nodded, starting to get out all the ingredients and laying them in order of what he would cook first. "Jarvis, if I boil the pasta, can you keep an eye on it?" he asked, already filling up a large pot with some water.

"Of course, Sir."

Together, Taeyong and Jarvis managed to finish making a simple tomato and cheese pasta dish. The pasta was overcooked, because Taeyong kept ignoring Jarvis to finish grating their cheese. But overall, it looked nice. Taeyong added a leaf of basil on top and instructed Jarvis to turn off all the electrical appliances.

His attention was caught out by his dad's newest project. Mark-42, Taeyong recognised. His dad was sitting on their sofa and waiting for a certain girlfriend. "Dad, what are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm working."

Taeyong arched his brow, tilting his head slightly as he gazed at his dad. "You're not in the suit are you?"

"How could you tell?"

"I was literally there when you were designing that specific feature!" he exclaimed. "Wow, did you forget that I was there?"

"He was running on another 72 hours of no sleep, in your father fairness, sir." Jarvis tried to defend.

Taeyong furrowed his brows, "J, you're not on dad's side."

"He's mine," Tony said.

Taeyong pursed his lips, ready to retort when Pepper's presence made herself aware. "I'm sorry I was late- I was... what the- what is that?" she turned to give Taeyong's hair a quick ruffle. "We gotta talk about cutting your hair soon, bud." Her gaze was still fixed on Tony's suit. "You're wearing this in the house now? What is that? Like, Mark-15?"