chapter thirty-five

Start from the beginning

"I probably love you more than my brother." Instead of a chuckle, a loud laugh escapes my lips, catching me off guard, and I take her into another hug.

"That really hurt my feelings, Layla." I'm taken aback by surprise hearing Damien's voice coming from my back, the butterflies that gave me a break returning immediately, but his sister doesn't even realize what's happening between us, only rolling her eyes as we part away.

I never noticed that he called her like that and it's adorable. He really is an incredible older brother and I can only hope I'm like that to Samuel.

I don't turn around immediately, letting them talk to each other while I focus on breathing and convince myself not to run away from my feelings. I'm not a coward, but feeling the bad boy this close makes my heart skip a beat.

"Ready, Lina?" I can't back away now, so I only nod before facing his gaze and the minute I do that, it feels all the air is lost.

His hazel eyes are locked on me, roaming over my body, and I didn't even hear when Kayla entered her room, leaving the two of us alone. Nothing matters right now and I don't know how I could want to run away from him.

Damien is looking more handsome than ever and I was sure minutes ago that wasn't possible.

He is rocking a plain white dress shirt; the sleeves rolled until the elbows and black jeans. His dark blonde hair is combed back, and it's incredible how his clothes always seem to hug just the right places. I stay a little longer on the way the fabric highlights his abs, clear only in the direct light, and when the boy in front of me notices it, he grabs my hand and presses my body against his, his palm resting on my lower back.

Oh god.

My heartbeat is frantic and I bite my lip unconsciously while a smirk appears on his lips. An intense urge to kiss them again takes over me.

"Did I just make you lose your composure, gorgeous?" His voice makes a shiver run down my spine, especially with the pattern his fingers are making through the thin lace of the corset I decided to wear.

"What? No, you look fine." I can't hold back another lip bite, a clear sign of my lie, and the deep laugh he lets out it's enough to make me laugh as well.

"Alright, I will stay with that. You on the other hand," The bad boy presses his lips to my earlobe and I swear I can hear my unsteady breath, "You are stunning." My heart skips a beat and I notice he doesn't say look but instead are. It's a mere thing but changes the entire sentence.

I'm stunning.

God, why does he have to be this perfect?

While staring straight at his hypnotic eyes, I can only say 'thanks' but he doesn't distance himself. Damien continues to breathe so close to my neck that I know he notices the way my skin reacts to him. I play his game, not making a single movement and only running my hands up to his hair.

No one of us dares to move, enjoying the tension that's building each second we stay like this.

"We should get going, Lina, cause if I kiss you right now, I won't be able to stop." I feel my cheeks get hotter and nod, despite the heat taking place in my entire body from the memory of our nights together.

Damien takes my hand in his and we head straight to the driveway, where his SUV is already waiting for whatever he planned.

A smile dances on his lips when he looks back at me and I only take a deep breath before going to the passenger's door, letting him drive us throughout the night.