Among the Petals - The end

I rushed to the bathroom, struggling to even stand on my feet anymore. The ache in my chest has became agonizing, as if thousands of spiked impaled me from the inside of my lungs. The pain spread throughout my entire body, leaving me on the very verge of collapsing to the ground. I even had to force myself to keep my eyes open.

I slammed open the bathroom door, as it made a loud thud which echoed throught the empty hallways. The entire building was empty, with nobody but chiffon there, who was peacefully sleeping on the couch.

A thousand thoughts rushed in my head, as I leaned in the sink and coughed, as a metallic taste filled my mouth. I looked down, just to see flowers swirling in blood. A sore feeling in my throat hit me, as I glanced at the disturbing sight of flowers mixed with blood, but upon gazing mindlessly at them, I realized something.

The flowers were begonias.

I collapsed to the ground, blood still flowing down my chin, onto my chest. My vision fogged up, leaving me practically blind.

I couldn't breathe anymore.

As I slowly shut my eyes, still trying to catch a few breaths but being unable to, I whisper out the words.

"I love you."

But of course, nobody could hear me.

The pain suddenly stopped.

~~~The end~~~