11. When Words and Trust Collide

BreadPitt: I got the job

Notyourgirl: Woah! That's fast! CONGRATULATIONS!

BreadPitt: Thanks!

Notyourgirl: When do you start?

BreadPitt: In two weeks. And here is the thing. I will need to work in a branch in another state during my first month of probation

Notyourgirl: Oh? Is that a good thing?

BreadPitt: I believe so. At least I will be able to see you

Notyourgirl: Huh? You're moving here?

BreadPitt: Not exactly. Just a couple of hours drive from where you live 😁

Notyourgirl: Oh

BreadPitt: Oh? 'Happy oh' or 'shit' oh?

Notyourgirl: I was just surprised! Wow.

BreadPitt: I see 😁 We can start planning to meet up then. As friends.

Notyourgirl: As friends.

BreadPitt: No expectations

Notyourgirl: No expectations.

BreadPitt: I should be free on weekends.

Notyourgirl: That's handy.

BreadPitt: You should show me around

Notyourgirl: Sure. I can do that :)

Notyourgirl: Gotta run now or I'll miss my train! Ttyl!

Cobie mindlessly stirs the spoon in her coffee mug. She's not sure how long she's been standing at the pantry alone while watching people leave the office for lunch. Her mom prepared her food again this morning, leaving her no choice but to stay in during lunchtime. Well, she has options, but she prefers to eat what her mom made for her. It might be the last few lunches from her since Cobie has started calling around and securing appointments with a few residential cares.

Staring blankly at her mug, her mind bounces back to the convo she had with BreadPitt this morning. They're going to meet up. Shouldn't she feel excited about it? Isn't it the idea of talking to someone online on a dating site? To meet up in real life and see what happens next? Well, BreadPitt is only staying for a month. Nothing is going to happen. And they agreed it was going to be platonic, didn't they? Just as friends.

It's just BreadPitt for god sake. The boy she's talking to almost every day. The boy she shares her casual daily rant with, including her silly crush on Luke.