Lee had opened his mouth and closed it. He found no valid excuse for Micheals's behavior. Yes, he was lonely, and the trial was exhausting, but still.

"Would you have done it, Lee? If it were Camille, would you have gotten yourself a mistress?"

Lee remained silent, but the answer was no. Even there, as he sat with Micheal and asked himself the same question but replaced Camille with Sana, the answer remained no.

Lee believed in any vow or promise he made. For better or for worse, He wouldn't run in front of illness. The man prayed Sana had the same feelings that nor condition nor age would change her sentiment with time.

He'd be fifty in a decade; the man already foresaw his all-white beard and hair, which would make him the perfect Santa look-alike. He hoped he would still appeal to her.

Lee thought of when he first met Sana. She was very slim and cute. Of course, Lee didn't see it then. He then crossed a curvy Sana; he had to admit she gave a 30s pin-up and Betty Boop a run for their money. Lee saw her with short and long hair; appearance-wise, she attracted him. The man imagined she would be just as pretty while he would look like century-old tree trunk age.

Lee looked at his glass; their relationship wasn't at the spot yet. There was no use panicking. Still, the man preferred to remain lucid about potential obstacles.

Micheal smiled as he observed Lees' pondering stance; many underestimated his friend. The man was probably the most upright and honest person he knew, "fucking hell, Lee of all the B series sci-fi."

The statement warped Lee out of his reflection.

Lee laughed, "you call it sci-fi for me; Barbella was my first encounter with soft porn at age fifteen."

Micheal chuckled, "oh no, my poor lad. I have to admit Jane Fonda in latex was worth the detour."

The men proceeded to talk about their youth and first experiences while across the Channel, Sana prepared to announce her move to her parents.

"I'm moving to London next week." The tone was casual and without fluctuations. Her mother turned to her father.

"Really," the older man said while his brow arched, "to live with the boyfriend we've never met."

Sana released a nervous chuckle, "I told you about him."

"Yes, and you've been hiding him ever since. All we know is you met him at work, but he left. What does he do now?"

"He's a music producer."

"Good lord, Sana, the man must always be on the road and in obscure dark rooms."

"No, his artists are not him. Lee is usually at his place making cupcakes and brownies," Sana replied.

"What music genre does he create?"

"Electro, house, techno."

Her parents exchanged stares. And her mother pursued, "you said he was older."

"Yes." Sana hoped her mother wouldn't follow up, but well, it wouldn't be fun if she didn't.

"How old is he?"

"Forty-twooo."

Her father's eyes widened, "what? He's your uncle Sanjays' age. You're literally dating your uncle.

Sana rolled her eyes," I'm not dating uncle Sanjay. It's Lee."

"Wait a minute, if a man is single up to his forties, there's definitely something wrong with him," her mother added.

"He's divorced and has a sixteen-year-old son. Lee is perfectly normal."

"Sana, is it the kind of relationship you want?"

Her parents weren't strict, though the first instances were awkward. They accepted Winston very quickly. Of course, her mother always had eyes on his hair.

"I can't help it. All I see is his hair. I want to unravel all those twists."

Winston got a thumbs up. The two were about the same age. Sana's parents appreciated that his job consisted of taking care of others. Their future seemed bright. Sana's parents didn't fear the cultural difference or anything else, but they disliked the idea of their daughter's dating someone who had such a packed past.

Sana knew Lees' age would be a problem, and she was right. Her mother already played the scenario where Sana gave toothless Lee a soup spoon.

"Sana, why opt for an older man?"

"Stability, maturity, a higher level of emotional intelligence. I mean, dad is older than you."

Sana laughed internally. There was probably no one as unreasonable and childish as Lee when triggered, but her parents didn't need to know that.

"Ha, your dad is only three years older. We're talking about a decade here. Is that way you haven't presented him yet?"

"No, I needed to find the right time, and there hasn't been one. You know that I'm just giving out some information here. I don't need or expect any validation."

Her father sighed. He knew how stubborn Sana was, especially when it came to her love life. She was the type who preferred to her a good old I told you, so if the story failed, rather than to live with the regret of having missed something important.

"Sana, the man is divorced and has a teen son. It means he has an ex-wife. They're probably at war with one another."

"No, Camille is quite nice."

"You know his ex-wife?" her mother exclaimed in a stupor.

"We even had Christmas dinner at hers."

Sanas' mother's eyes widened.

"Don't look at me like that. Camille and I get along, and Dylan is a great kid."

Her mother blinked in dismay while her dad resumed the questioning, How do you feel about this man?

"Lee makes me laugh, he isn't perfect, but neither am I. He's a good man. I love him, and it's all that matters."

Her parents exchanged glances again. No, nothing was going to make Sana change her mind.

The Gulati thought of how happy they were to have her in moments like this. They wished for their daughter to find fulfillment, and for it, they didn't weigh her down with cultural traditions that plagued their youth.

Sana was carefree. Even though they worried as all parents would, all that mattered to them was her happiness.

"Can we at least meet him?" Her father asked.

Sana smiled, "of course. I'm sure Lee will be more than happy to do so."

Later that night.

"My parents want to meet you."

Silence.

"Lee, are you there?"

"Eh, do I have to?" the man," asked while he scratched his beard at the chin.

"What? You told me you wanted to when we were at Camille's."

"I was desperate, and anything is better than spending an evening in the L world for me."

"Lee, I already told them you'd be okay with it soㅡ."

The man knew from the tone he could say bye-bye to the move if he declined."

He sighed, "Okay, when?"

"Friday."

Lee shuddered, "you know Sana, parents don't really appreciate me."

"Mine will trust me."