[💛]Modern! Gabriel Utterson Pt.3[💛]

Start from the beginning

He then looked up at her, lowering his glasses so she could see his gaze. Y/n felt her face instantly grow hot. She hoped the strobelights would mask her blushing.

"I struggled at first too, but now it hardly bothers me at all. You'll get there soon enough." He continued, bringing his eyes back to his laptop which slightly illuminated his face.

Y/n murmured in agreement. She supposed it did make some sort of sense, he'd always have razor sharp focus on whatever he was doing. Maybe she could too, now she was working under him.

(Timeskip)

Mr.Utterson had been kind enough to provide Y/n with lunch, seeing that they wouldn't be heading back to the office for the remainder of the work day. Luckily enough, the club did serve food, along with drinks of course.

Now, it was time to head home. They had gotten up and left the club so casually, but Y/n felt her body grow hot with shyness and embarrassment at the thought of tons of strangers looking at them as they left. Would she ever get used to it? Would she ever reach the sense of superiority that Mr.Utterson had achieved there?

Her thoughts were jumbled in her head as they silently sat in the car again. She couldn't help glancing over at the boss man once more. Would she ever get used to that?

"Where is your residence?" He suddenly asked, causing her to flinch slightly.

"Oh, you don't have to, I can just take the train-" Y/n waved a hand at him. She didn't like taking the train, but she didn't know how much longer she would last sitting here in silence in a really nice car with a really, really attractive man next to her.

"I insist, Ms.L/n. It's the least I can do after exposing you to such a confusing environment," Mr.Utterson placed a hand on his chest.

"Well...alright then." She didn't see a point in arguing anymore. "It's up in Soho."

Mr.Utterson bid her a thank you then signaled the driver, and she felt the car turn down the street.

Then, her phone buzzed. Y/n took it out to see who it was, and the group chat of her, Edward, and Sally showed in her notification bar.

S: Y/n!!! Where r you!?

Oh shit. Y/n began speedily typing back.

Y/n: I'm with Mr.Utterson still. He's driving me home.

Then Edward began to type.

E: so you mean to tell us we've been standing waiting here forever for nothing?

Y/n: sorry! I forgot to tell you guys I wasn't heading back to the office 😣

S: that's fine, we'll start heading home now.

Y/n sighed, setting her phone down, but then picked it up again when it buzzed once more.

E: ok, you said you were still with him right? Omg what is it like 👀👀😏

Y/n: dude, it's nothing like that. He's just driving me home.

E: whatever you say 😏

Y/n couldn't help feeling her face heat up upon reading the texts, and she scoffed lightly as she turned her phone off once more.

"Something the matter?" Mr.Utterson's sudden question nearly made her scream in surprise. She cringed mentally as she fumbled for an answer.

"Ah, no, it's just...friends-" It wasn't like it was an entire lie, anyway.

Mr.Utterson eyed her for a moment, then let out a low "mhm," which sounded way more attractive than it should've been. How was she ever going to survive this job if she couldn't stop thirsting over her boss?

At the sight of her apartment complex, she nearly shouted for joy. Anything to get out of this damned vehicle, and to set her mind straight, and not on Mr.Utterson. She didn't hesitate to fly the door open as soon as the car came to a stop. She paused to look back at him.

"Thank you for the ride sir, have a good evening,"

Y/n spoke rather too fast, she just wanted to get it over with. She turned around to leave before he heard his voice once more.

"Would you like me to walk you to your door?" He asked, tilting his head slightly.

"NO!" Y/n shouted immediately, causing his eyes to widen as well as hers. She then cleared her throat and repeated herself, softly this time.

"I'm sorry, no, that's alright, sir. Sorry, it's just been a long day,"

"I see, no worries, I understand. Have a good rest of your night, Ms.L/n."

Y/n miserably murmured a good night back and shut the car door, watching it drive out of view. As soon as she was back in her apartment, she shut the door and pressed her back against it with a long, heavy sigh, and slid down it to the floor.

How would she last?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Probably not what most were expecting lol. I'm a huge sucker for modern city settings, which do include clubs and bars a lot, stuff like that. I'm trying to make Mr.Utterson kind of a mysterious sort of guy, quirky in his own way. The mysterious hot type yk? Also probably just gonna continue this series here lol instead of making it its own book)