"Why are you knocking at her doors again? Have you not had enough?" My mum raised her voice slightly. It showed how protective she was of her child as a mother. My mother never failed in fulfilling her duties of a mother. She, to my dad and I, was a complete woman. Victoria was taken aback and her face hinted a slight disappointment and worry.

"It was never like that. I had accidentally shut your daughter's doors and probably, this is why I'm knocking at it again." Her last sentence sounded more of a question than a statement. She was unsure herself. As much as she left me confused, she herself was baffled.

"Mum, it's alright. I'll leave now with Victoria. She's right, we have got a lot of things to clear up. I'll be fine, okay?" I broke into a humongous smile to please my mum. She nodded and let me go. As soon as she allowed us, Victoria pulled me outside and nearly ran to the park near my house. After my entire panting and rubbing my knee because it pained (for I don't run)(blame osteosarcoma), Victoria and I sat on a bench placed next to the area with the saws and swings and slides and you know, everything we loved at the age of five (and yet is our secret desire.)

"I'm sorry." She spoke up first. My eyebrow rose at her sudden outburst. I didn't bother to speak, in a hope that she would explain herself properly to me. I folded my arms and did my signature move - raise one of my eyebrows, purse my lips and frown slightly, occasionally rolling my eyebrows.

"It was the day after the valedictory party at your house. The news spread like wildfire - the news that you had cancer. No one knew what kind though everyone knew you were now one who had cancer." She held deep regret in her eyes and it was displayed like an open book to me.

"Mia - you remember her right?" She asked, her face scornful as she mentioned her name. He reaction surprised me as my eyes widened. I nodded my head shyly. "Well, that cunning woman took this as an opportunity to rise in power. She held high contempt against you, Elle. I always believed she hated you because you were more popular than her and surprisingly according to her, people loved you no matter what. In fact, you also had Ian Peakshelter wrapped around your finger and she had been wanting him all along. So yeah, she despised you a lot." I was surprised. It felt like being stabbed in the back all along. I would have never thought, even in my wildest dreams that Mia Terrain would backstab me when I thought of her very high.

"As I said, she thought of this as an opportunity to shine brighter than you could but she turned out to be like the blonde bombastic bimbo bitches in all the cliche movies. People hated her and there you go, we have a cliche life in college now." I laughed at the awkward expression she made as she said that.

"Then why didn't you guys come the next day? You promised so." I asked, sadly. She held my hand and looked into my eyes (totally not the romantic way) and said, "I'm sorry. I was blackmailed into doing that."

My eyes widened and I asked, "You were blackmailed?" She nodded and began, "The next day, I did get ready to meet you after having sex with a guy I met in a club the before night." I raised my eyebrows, with a tinge of cockiness and a not surprised look. She flushed for she knew her habit was one that was alive and would probably never die and continued, "I met Mia the next morning as I left to meet you and she told me that if I even wanted the same treatment I received from the people at the university we would attend then I should not meet you. I did question back but she smirked and left. Call me a coward, but I was scared. Probably human tendencies, I didn't meet you for I was afraid I'd turn into a loner since you left. Mia could do absolutely anything. Ella completely hated me after I didn't bother meeting you. Something I still regret." I hugged her. She did regret what she did and there was no reason to why I shouldn't forgive her. I smiled at her.

"So how's everything at uni?" I asked, eager to know about the happenings.

"Everything's going wrong. People are too bias." She groaned as she let her frustration out. "Mia right now, requires me to stand high because I'm her only friend and I need her to not become a loner. Oh and Ian Peakshelter is a jerk. Why had you ever dated him?" She asked me, folding her hands and huffing at me.