Chapter 29

"We have upcoming meeting this week" Dr. Lee said at Lisa's back, both of them are currently resting at the office after the long hours of checking the patients in and out the camp. 

Lisa is breaking a lot of sweat from her body so she decided to take off her protection since there's nobody in there except them. 

"Death is raising high but there's no rate of cured one. We need oxygen tanks and not only vaccine. We can't give them a shot if they have symptoms" Lisa said and drink a water "Only one tank is remaining and I don't think the director is making his way to provide one"

"We will find out in the meeting" Dr. Lee said. 

The man is about to drink his coffee when a gun shot has been heard. Both of them jump out and look at each other before they go outside. 

"Wear something first" Dr. Lee pull Lisa's shirt and goes back at the office. 

As they wear mask and gloves, they made their way outside where they see the nurses peeking outside. They can hear screams from the people "Let us go!" One of them shouted

"What's happening?" Dr. Lee asked.

"They are trying to go to the market to buy food to eat but the soldiers didn't let them since they can't tell who is the carrier or not" The nurse told them.

"We are starving! Virus won't kill us but starvation!" 

"I thought the government is providing goods for them?" Lisa asked. 

"I don't know, we don't know. We have no contact outside" Dr. Lee said. 

One of the villager just threw a big stone on the camp which made them alarmed "Just go! We don't need medical assistance!" He shouted and continously throw some stone on it. 

The nurses run on the corner and hide just in case that the residents invade their small admission area. One of the protection unit fired a gun shot again to threaten them. 

"We can't do anything about it, we just here to support medical assistance" 

As they look at their back, they saw the chief also watching outside. He looks at his watch before he turned around and walk away. 

"Lisa!" Dr. Lee called her name but Lisa didn't look back. 

The lady walked outside the camp when she saw the familiar face just ran and passed by the area. Lisa dodge some stone raining on the container van and follow where the kid go. 

"Hey!" Lisa grab the kid's hand, he's the kid she met on her early days in the village "Where are you going?" 

"Finding a way out?" The kid said and pull his arm.

As Lisa scanned the body, she noticed some bruises and open wounds on the kids' body. Looks like he was in trouble "What happened to you? Let's go and we will treat your wound first" She offered.

"No, I will have another one anyway so don't bother. Just help me to escape so I can buy something to eat. You see, we haven't eaten anything since the past two days" 

Lisa scrunched her eyebrows and heave a sigh "I'll give you something to eat just let me treat you" She offered for the second time.

"One bread isn't enough to feed a group" The kid said and just run away from Lisa again. The latter is about to follow him but she heard someone calling her so she has no choice but to go back at the camp. 

Still, the people are crying on hunger. They are getting aggressive and even trying to attack the medical team so the protection unit made a decision to threat them.