Chapter 6

Hayley was sitting cross-legged on the floor in Elijah's bedroom as she read one of Elijah's thick, leather-bound journals.

"Elijah's journal's hmm?" You asked leaning on the door frame. She looked up.

"Yeah" She replied as you walked in. You gave her a hand and pulled her up.

"He's an amazing person, honestly speaking, we weren't great... as partners but he's a good friend" You said as both walked downstairs.

"Hang On... You both-"

"Dated. Yeah. He broke up with me, god knows why. Klaus and I met... And... So and so" You said placing your hand on your stomach.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah argued. You chuckled in midst of the stairs.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child! And The girl I love who also carries my child" Klaus said. You walked into the foyer with Hayley.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven" Rebekah said.

"And The werewolf would like to know what the plan is" You said looking at Klaus with a caring look after a long time.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, babe- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" He asked. Rebekah took a pencil from the desk beside her and threw it in Klaus' direction. Klaus caught it easily before it can embed itself in his face. You laughed.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? Her Ex-Boyfriend? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" Hayley asked.

"In the front, if we're being specific" Klaus said. You rolled your eyes.

"You three said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly- Love, please" Klaus said turning to you. 

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back" You added. 

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asked. 

"Please! Nik may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical" You exclaimed. 

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B" Klaus said.

 "And what's Plan B?" Hayley asked. Klaus and You looked at each other and grinned. 
"War" Both of you said in unison. 

"Oh, come now, Thierry. You're not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you? I thought we were at bygones" Klaus said as both of you entered the room.

"I see you've given him free rein of your compound now, too" Thierry said

"Yes. Well, seeing as my family and I lived here-- built the place, in fact-"

"All right. Come on. You both know the drill. Thierry's my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace, all right? All right. What you need, my brother? And Who is this gorgeous?" Marcel asked.

"This, Marcel is my girlfriend, Y/N. Y/N, This is Marcel. And I'm afraid my sister Rebekah is insisting I demand Elijah's return. She's quite worked up about it" Klaus said.

"I'll say. Good to meet you Y/N" Marcel said.

Meanwhile Thierry scoffed, We're not gonna have three Originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers"

"Is that an accusation against an Original?" You asked, quite surprised that he was accusing Rebekah.

"Eh"

Klaus stormed at Thierry, who looked to be ready for a confrontation, but Marcel and you intervened before they could be violent

"What did I say about peace? Come on. Walk with me" Marvel said.

Klaus smiled smugly at Thierry as Marcel steered him out of the room and onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard as you left the building.

"Niklaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?" Rebekah asked in the conference call.

"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, "No." Marcel's man, Thierry, is suspicious. He thinks you killed ten nightwalkers" You replied.

"Well, that's a lie! I only killed eight. Should I make Thierry the ninth?" She exclaimed. You chuckled.
"Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favorite son, or he'll catch onto us" Klaus said.

"So, war it is, then?" Rebekah asked.
"Indeed" Both of you replied in unison.
"Do you both know what to do with the witch?" Klaus asked.

"I believe we do" You replied.

"Good. You manage Sophie Deveraux. I'll take care of the next step" Klaus said.